wierd ...

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

wierd ...

Postby Joanne C » Fri May 14, 2010 7:03 pm

heya,

just looking into the family history on my mums side. My great grandad died very young, 30 - my nan never knew her dad. I recently managed to get hold of his death certificate - it states cause of death as heart failure, and he had a heart problem, but it aslo lists rheumatism ... isnt that like fibro?
Joanne C
UKFM Member

Re: wierd ...

Postby lethargic » Fri May 14, 2010 10:11 pm

I have long family history of problems with the central nervous system and because of both sisters diagnosis of M.S. and Cerebellar disease (MSA) I was sent to see neuro consultant. It was that consultant who diagnosed my Fibro and although he said it "may be" famillial problem (genetic) fibro was definitely not life threatening. So although sometimes the symptoms are very scary I try to think of myself as fortunate!! My mother-in-law is 95yrs. and suffers from fibro and her G.P. says she will still be here when she is 100. Try and stay positive and don't worry - if it would help I am sure your G.P. would put your mind at rest. Take care. :hugs:
lethargic
UKFM Member

Re: wierd ...

Postby Joanne C » Sat May 15, 2010 8:40 pm

oops - sorry, didnt mean it to sound that i was worried about it - i thought it was kinda cool that i share something with my great grandad ... he had a serious heart problem which i looked up, and says it would just get worse and worse.
Joanne C
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems