Nerve damage

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Nerve damage

Postby nanatigtig » Sat May 15, 2010 5:28 am

I had an operation on my wrist back in February, now at my 8wk check up the Dr informed me that the tingling in the thumb is nerve damage, nothing can be done about it, it may get better but don't bank on it! :(

also the scar is what the Dr is used to seeing on Black skin, he said my fair type of skin usually heals flater and neater, he said that I have had a reaction to the process!!

Yep I blistered where they used the marker pen, I was allergic to the dressing, the whole op it seems :dunno:

Oh well it dosen't hurt as much, grateful for small mercies.

Tig
nanatigtig
UKFM Member

Re: Nerve damage

Postby tireesix » Sat May 15, 2010 7:37 am

The nerve damage might get better.

My DH had an operation last year on his lung and lost all sensation down his right side but that has improved a bit over the year!

I have done my self a few nasties as well and although it can take a long time to heal after nerve damage (I am talking about 1-2 years for me to get better), it is possible. So, keep your fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!

I suspect you are talking about a keloid scar? Do you normally scar like that or is it a one off? If it is particularly bad, you might be able to get is revised. I always wanted my scars revised (ex self harmer, don't have keloid scars but the opposite due to EDS), just as well I didn't because they would have turned out the same as they did before because of the EDS.

I hate scars.

I am sorry it wasn't such a great appointment.
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat May 15, 2010 8:20 am

It sounds as if you have been through the mills there nana, hope you get the feeling back. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby nanatigtig » Sat May 15, 2010 5:25 pm

Thanks for your support ladies,

I think it is a keloid (cant spell for toffee) scar, I may see about having it seentoo,I'll just give it some more time first!

I have been though the mill a bit DOWN BUT NOT OUT! :tongueout:

I have too fight it coz Hubby and I have just bought a teashop!
and Im the chief cake bake and bottle washer! :crazy: :yikes: :clap:

I cant wait to start, 2 wks on Wednesday!

Tig
nanatigtig
UKFM Member

Postby tireesix » Sat May 15, 2010 11:19 pm

A tea shop!!!!!!! Sounds very cute.

Just a little question, don't know where you are so I doubt I will ever get to visit your tea shop, but have you thought about making dairy free cakes and bakes? Its a nightmare trying to take my kids out because there is rarely anything that is dairy free........

Oh, and if you ever sell ice cream, swedish glace do a really nice selection of dairy free ice creams :wink:

Good luck!
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Postby nanatigtig » Mon May 17, 2010 12:00 am

tireesix,

We are testing new recipes, gluten free, low fat, reduced sugar etc. I'm not totally happy with the results as yet, but I am working on them.

We are planning to do High teas, and I know from talking to the customers at the coffee shop where I work now, that many people with dietery needs would love to be able to join in with their friends but have to sit and watch!

thanks for your best wishes

Tig
nanatigtig
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon May 17, 2010 12:11 am

Good luck with the teashop nana, you'll have to join the Tower cafe with Princess :mrgreen:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems