Unable to talk/make sense

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Unable to talk/make sense

Postby juliem » Mon May 17, 2010 12:14 pm

Had a very scary thing this morning. Got up, fed the dogs put tham out. When I called them in the words made no sense. Total gobbledegook.I just could not talk properly. Lasted about 15 mins but then my memory just went. Could not remember my neighbours' names. Very diffrent from just fibrofog.

Been to the doctor who thinks that it may be Bell's Palsy. I have to watch my face and see if my mouth droops. He thinks it has very slighty. He doesn't think it is brain related or a stroke but i must say it was a huge shock.

Anyone else experienced anything like this. He was a new doctor who seemed very good. Knew about my fibro had read my notes( My dad had a stroke at 44 I am now 48).

So help and reassurance please :(

Thanks
Julie
juliem
UKFM Member

Re: Unable to talk/make sense

Postby Ellen Tracey » Mon May 17, 2010 12:45 pm

Sorry Julie i cant help, hope you feel better soon. :hugs:
Ellen Tracey
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Mon May 17, 2010 2:38 pm

Cant help you Julie, but try not to worry about it, maybe someone on the forum has had the same as you, and will be able to advice you what to do, hope things turn out ok for you. :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Mon May 17, 2010 2:41 pm

:hugs: to you Julie

Hope you feel better soon
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Mon May 17, 2010 5:02 pm

I have never had that happen it me either, i forget names and sentences but thats just down to the foggy head.

Try not to stress over it as it might make you worse, at least you have been seen by a GP so you will know what to look for it if happens again. Hope it was a one off. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby helen virgo » Mon May 17, 2010 7:03 pm

That certainly sounds scarey, I hope it was just a little blip and doesn't happen again :hugs:
Helen x

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia
helen virgo
UKFM Member

Postby juliem » Mon May 17, 2010 7:20 pm

Thank you everyone. It hasn't happened again today so fingers crossed and my face hasn't drooped so am not to take the medicine. I feel very ill so hopefully is just a virus as the doctor hopes.

I cope with my fibro but this scared me a lot. Good to have people to talk to.xx
juliem
UKFM Member

Postby Charlee » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:12 pm

When im having a bad flare up i slur my words so badly that i have been confronted many times becuase beople think im drunk..... i really so sound incredably intoxicated, i slur, stutter, and cant string a scentence together its very embarrasing so i tedn not to go out when it happens and try to warn my partner when it starts so he doesnt think i have been at the Gin wile hes at work! I hope you feel better soon.
Charlee
UKFM Member

Postby juliem » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:04 pm

Decided to go back to the doctor. Saw a different person who referred me to the TIA clinic. They think it may well be a TIA so now under investigation for that.
juliem
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems