[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Long term lurker with first question

Long term lurker with first question

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Long term lurker with first question

Postby Speedfreak » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:14 pm

Hi all, I am a long term lurker of this site, but haven't posted before now (may have introduced myself but thats all), & I have a question I hope someone can answer. I was diagnosed with fm just over two years ago, although I think I have had it at least 12 years, have all the text book signs, but in the last six months or so something else has happened, & wondered if it rings any bells.
It started of as a slight skin problem, small red circles appearing on my chest, back & face/head. No creams would help, & eventually I had a biopsy six weeks ago. I have not been told the results, & when my councillor telephoned on my behalf she actually said the were very evasive & wouldn't give direct answers, only that I have a follow up appointment for july 1st, & wouldn't be told anything before then. In desperation, I then started looking on the internet (dangerous I know), to try & find out what it could be.
I then found a site that suggested a link between fibro sufferers & lupus, & from many photographs I have seen the people with discoid lupus look exactly like the problem I have.
Does anyone care to comment?

Brook.
If it is to be, then it is up to me.
Speedfreak
UKFM Newbie

Re: Long term lurker with first question

Postby loubie » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:04 pm

hi :wave:

sorry can't help but just wont to wish you well with results
i have had the tests done for lupus so know how worried you will be
all the best brook :hugs: :hugs:
loubie x
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:50 pm

Hi
Sorry i cant help but i do know lots of fibro sufferers are tested for lupus.
Hope someone else can help you. Dont be shy about posting. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby LinzWorld » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:27 pm

A lot of lupies do end up with Fibro as well (as do many RA sufferers). But Lupus is autoimmune and inflammatory, unlike Fibro, so you'll be better off asking in a forum that has a lot of Lupus sufferers, e.g. the http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/boards one, although no-one will be able to diagnose you over the internet. Discoid Lupus, like SLE, will show up in antibody blood tests.
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems