folic acid cont...

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

folic acid cont...

Postby Ellen Tracey » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:46 am

Hi, I hope you are all doing okay :)

I mentioned a couple of months ago that the doc had done some bloods and that i had needed to start taking folic acid which i have been doing since this was prescribed apart from a couple of days that ive forgotten :crazy: ! I rang my surgery for a repeat prescription yesterday and they rang to say that because i had been taking them for a while they wanted to re-check my bloods, even though the doc said she would check after 4 mths of me taking them they are checking in a couple of weeks ??

Anyone else had this problem? I am a born worrier :roll: even though i have had lots of tests i still worry, how often do FM sufferers have tests done?? and is it the sheer fatigue/pain issues that make us need folic/vits??

Thanks for reading,

:hugs:
Ellen Tracey
UKFM Member

Re: folic acid cont...

Postby shazq » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:42 am

Sorry cant help, i guess they will want to check the folic acid is working on you before you need another batch.
Dont worry. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: folic acid cont...

Postby denys » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:31 am

I agree with Shaz, maybe the doc forgot (a) to make a note saying retest in 4 months or more likely(b) to tell you they would do interim tests cos they should have given you a prescription to last you longer! I get tested frequently (every month) so dont worry about it as you will make your pain worse :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems