waking in the night gasping for breath

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

waking in the night gasping for breath

Postby miss daisy » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:10 pm

hi i am newly diagnosed however long term sufferer as i now know it to be. i am slowly coming to terms with the diagnosis, so far i have found my dizzyness,headaches and migraines, numbness in fingers,facial pain, sweating/flushes, pain in every part of the body,dream like lack of concentration episodes ect ect is more than likely associated with fibro,
as i have thought for many years as some of you all have that i was losing my mind, i thought i would ask , does anyone wake in thee night gasping for breath? this isn't a regular occurence the last time i experienced this was about six months ago until last night where i woke 3 times gasping for breath,
when it first happening about 5 years ago i had you know the usual blood tests xrays of my chest, all clear, as it is not a regular occurence i haven't been back the docs with it, but it scared me last night.

take care

hannah
miss daisy
UKFM Member

Re: waking in the night gasping for breath

Postby denys » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:15 pm

Hannah if I were you I'd go back to the docs and ask them to check it out. I dont suffer from this but if others do I'm sure they will reply soon :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:17 pm

IMO this is not fibro related so you must get this investgated asap just to be on safe side....

Good luck :hugs:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby miss daisy » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:51 pm

hello guys :wave: thanks for the replys, going docs next week so will mention it then altho it has happened again since!!!! :dunno:

i hope u are both ok (u know within reason) must be hard work moderating the site, and i for one really appreciate it i'm learning so much in particular in the hints and tips section. :)

take care

hannah
miss daisy
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:38 pm

Im better today than have been last couple of weeks Hannah thanks for asking :wave: Glad you're finding things helpful on here. When I first joined I was amazed at the level of help and support was here :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby kerrie » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:54 am

I get very very breathless during the day, have had tests done and they sau everything is normal but that breathlessness is not fibro realted, os what it is i do not know but its very scary.
kerrie
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:23 pm

Definitely get it investigated. It might be sign of sleep apnea, so you'll need a sleep study. If you have un-managed sleep apnea, Fibro is a lot harder to get control of, so it's well worth checking this out.
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems