dr. results.

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

dr. results.

Postby kathleen phillips » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:49 am

big toe giving me so much grief, and thumbs just had to see someone. chemist said could be gout. don't drink..............
went to see the nurse, and a blood test. usual three but an extra uric acid. friday the bomb hit home, yes i have gout............
you don't have to drink a lot, because it can be my diet. i eat a lot of cheese, cheese on toast. take a asprin every day for high blood pre. and a few more things that i shouldn't have. but don't drink or smoke. anyway had a depressing day, a few tears, and sorry for myself hours......why me. but i'm still alive............and able to moan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kathy
:needhug:
[quote][/quote]
kathleen phillips
UKFM Member

Re: dr. results.

Postby denys » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:20 am

Poor you Kathy, I believe gout is extremely painful. I've never had it but my brother-in-laaw did and he doesn't drink much either :!: seems really unfair :hugs: :hugs: for you and hope you get some relief quickly :blowkiss:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby dogtired » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:21 pm

Hi Kathleen.......If you take montmerency cherry juice each day and cut back on the cheese......and drink plenty of water you should give gout the heave-ho. :wave:
dogtired
UKFM Member

Postby kathleen phillips » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:44 pm

hi! thanks for the messages, will get some montmerency cherry juice on monday, and give it a go!!!!!!!!!!!!!! never heard of it before or seen it, but anything to get the pain out of my hands will be great.
can't even crochet at the moment, and holding a glass have to use both hands. what with fm as well, i feel really mad, with myself as it must be my fault, only me that eats, i'm 60 and weigh 13 stone, but dr. said now of of the steroids i should start loosing weight. down to 3.5 a day from 30 odd. 2 years ago..................not so depressed today, thinking of steve hy......goes into hospital tomorrow for an operation on monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!must think of him, and not myself....
kathy
kathleen phillips
UKFM Member

Postby andy12720 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:28 pm

i have gout also and can confirm it is extremly painfull, i usually only get it in my toes though. cherry juice is great for it also cut back on red meat and if you drink it full fat coke as well.
andy12720
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:17 am

Hope it eases soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby kathleen phillips » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:13 pm

andy,12720
what is full fat coke, or did u mean milk.....................
kathy
kathleen phillips
UKFM Member

Postby andy12720 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:27 pm

full fat coke means regular coke not the diet versions. i can tell if ive drank too much as it kills me. unfortunatly i cant stand the taste of diet coke.
andy12720
UKFM Member

Postby kathleen phillips » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:20 am

sorry about the full fat milk!!!!!!!!!!!!!coke!!!!!!!i don't like coke at all, unfortunately. but will get the cherry juice when next shopping.
kathy
kathleen phillips
UKFM Member

Postby bluecath » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:47 am

Hi, I was diagnosed with Gout in my big toe,many years ago, by my GP who has since passed away.
But when I got the same pain again 2 or 3 years ago, and went to see a different GP, he laughed and said it wasnt Gout at my age, and did a test, which surprise surprise- came back negative!
He said it could be arthritis, ( which wa puzling as Gout is a form of arthritis)
Have not had the pain since- i only got it when i had been wearing high shoes(above 1 inch heel)(high for me)- dont wear them any more.
I wondered if it was just a pain from the FM
bluecath
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems