cramp like feelings in your legs

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

cramp like feelings in your legs

Postby fionarodriguez » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:17 am

hi does any one help me i have just been told i have fm, for the last week i have been getting pains in my right leg the pain is like when you have cramp, its that bad that i cant walk properly and lose my balance, is this normal
fionarodriguez
UKFM Member

Re: cramp like feelings in your legs

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:36 am

Hi & :welcome:

If you have it it checked by your GP and they have put it down to FM then yes this can be a sypmtom...

I have leg pain from the fibro, mine comes from my stiffness in my lower back and trigger points on my buttocks :shock:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby denys » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:36 am

I get this too, it's horrible and very painful :|
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Denise54 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:13 am

Hi I get this also and at times when it goes into spasm i feel like im curtsying when i lunge forward ! :roll:

i have it in my hands arms at the moment so just typing withe one finger :(

love Denise x
Denise54
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:21 pm

:welcome: i get this too, in both legs, but i would still get it checked out by your GP.
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby measles » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:52 am

Yes, me too. Hope you feel better soon
measles
UKFM Member

Postby smiler22 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:48 pm

i starte dwuit cramp in my left leg that i went to the gp and was given quinine tablets as this can help. however uit eventually went in to my hip back and other leg etc. that eventually i got the diag as having fibro. mar 2006. i have alot of other probs as well.

if you havent had this cheked out it may be worth doing. if the cramp goes along side, redness and swelling like a lump and very hot too touch it can be caused by cellulitus whichi iis blood poisioning through a cut usualy, or could be a dvt....
if you have had it checked then good . and it can as far as i know be a sign and sympton of fibro. ..xxx :hugs:
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby fionarodriguez » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:25 am

hi i got it checked by the doctor and yes it is to do fibro they have now put me on gabapentin, still not sleeping wellas the pain wakes me at night regardless of all the tablets im taking.
thanks for all the replys.... :)
fionarodriguez
UKFM Member

Postby nutty1 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:31 pm

i get this too at mo on gabapentin sr morphine i crash out for 2-3 hrs and then up and down all night all day legs freezing yes even now in hot weather but early eve they on fire and my feet often when i fall asleep my arms legs twist around each other :? and lock my husband has to untwist me :crazy:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby Littles » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:58 pm

I suffer badly with cramps in my calf muscles, it's extremely painful and leaves me unable to put my body weight onto my foot for days after.

I have been to the docs today and he's prescribed me quinine to take daily for it
Littles
UKFM Member

Postby fionarodriguez » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:10 pm

well after havingh a MRI as my pain clinic doc thought i had a trapped nerve as i had apin down right side. well today i got my results and hey ho its not a trapped nerve as i told them it wasnt.
well i sleep for about 2 hours at night then start getting up everyhour or half hour in pain all i want to do is cry i hate it. im only 43 2 kids and 2 grandkids i feel im older than what i should be.
i surpose on a down day today.... :(
fionarodriguez
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:17 pm

Sending some :hugs: :hugs: Fiona hope tomorrow is better for you :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby LinzWorld » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:37 pm

Cramping could well be due to myofascial issues. Myofascial issues are a common symptom with Fibro, but often need slightly different treatment to the Fibro itself.
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems