Missed periods

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Missed periods

Postby kerrie » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:55 pm

Does anyone else with FM have a problem with missed periods?

I am on the pill and have done a pregnancy test and I am not pregnant. Last month i had very very little bleeding and this month no period. I have been taking pregablin for 3 motnhs and wondeed if this could affect my periods?

I did a quick google and was worried when it said causes of missed periods can be liver disease and brain tumours which is worrying as i have chronic stomach pains and sever one sided headaches which have all been put down to FM. I wish i hadnt googled now so if anyone else has had this problem with meidcation or anything it woudl be interesting to hear from you for peace of mind : )
kerrie
UKFM Member

Re: Missed periods

Postby budda » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:41 pm

Hi Kerrie, sometimes its not good to look up things, it can make you scared, and then you will make youself ill,I too get pains down the side of my face, and i get tummy pains, but i have IBS,what dulls the headaches for me, i take two pain killers and hot water bottel that has a cover on it, and i go to bed and lie on the waterbottel, hope this helps you. :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby Carrieanne » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:48 pm

I am on the pill and my periods, if you can call them that, are hardly any bleeding and only last a few hours to a day.

Have you missed a pill? That can sometimes be the cause of a missed period.

Have you taken a pill 12hours late? I have done this and period was bearly there.

Read instructions on your type of the pill and see what it says. Call NHS direct, they are excellent and will advise or if you're really worried ring G.P. Don't look up things on internet......it doesn't help! Just makes you worry more!!
Carrie
Carrieanne
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:57 pm

Hi Kerrie

I've moved your post to associated and other health problems as you should get more hits in here :hugs:

I agree with carrieanne get some advice from your health care professional, (GP or practise nurse) or call NHS direct etc. but please stop googling as although it can be a useful tool it can also sometimes leave you terrified. :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby kerrie » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:58 am

Thanks guys for your reply. I haven't missed any of my pills or been late with them. I have never missed a period in twenty years apart from being pregntnat. Really concerned something major is going on for this to have happened, will try and see my gp next week about it
kerrie
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems