reduced healing times?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

reduced healing times?

Postby cala » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:35 pm

Not sure if this is part of fibro or not but its only just becoming obvious i suppse to me :P

Does anyone else find when injured and in a bad flare up that the injury takes much longer to heal?

I got pulled over by our puppy the other week and dislocated my elbow - now i've done this lots in the past following a previous injury weakening the socket but over 2 weeks later and i am still feeling imense pain within the elbow and its taking forever and ever to stop hurting :( I am in a bad flare up at the moment in the physical side but I havent noticed it taking this long to heal after dislocating my elbow :(
'Lifes not about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain'
cala
UKFM Member

Re: reduced healing times?

Postby loubie » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:20 am

hi :wave:
could just be your fibro
because you are in a flare anyway so all pain is higher
so you have like double the amount in your elbow because you have injury pain and fibro pain :dunno:
that was a bit long winded :oops:
hope you know what i mean :lol:
loubie x
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:32 am

Hi Cala, I think you mean increased healing time :crazy: :lol: dont know the answer to this one sorry, but I really hope you get some relief soon from both your elbow and your flare :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: to you
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby cala » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:53 am

denys wrote:Hi Cala, I think you mean increased healing time :crazy: :lol:

Thats what i said :P (well in my head :) )

maybe it just seems different somehow to my fibro pain :P
'Lifes not about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain'
cala
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:13 pm

I think it's pretty normal with Fibro to take longer to recover from injuries. Are you hypermobile? That can also increase healing times.
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:51 pm

hehehehe I love fog we all know what we mean but strangers just look at us confused its like having our very own language :clap: :clap: :clap: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Denise54 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:44 pm

[b]Hi it may be a tendonitis/tennis ebow type pain couple with soft tissue injury [ stinjury takes ages to heal] I get tennis elbow and the pain is horrendous on top of the Fibro i wear a strap when its really bad

take care

love Denise xx
[/b]
Denise54
UKFM Member

Postby cala » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:20 am

i did have it strapped up but my puppy decided to eat the support bandage :P

I'm not really hypermobile but i havent really been able to rest it as its my right arm and and i'm right handed and i already have my left arm strapped up as i have a weird issue with my left arm where the tendon is super tight and wont release at all despite lots of physio and meds for it :S Maybe its a possible chance its the same in my right arm now? it does seem to be the tendon holding it tight :(
cala
UKFM Member

Postby fibro 78 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:52 pm

you poor thing cala i hope it ease soon .

warm hugs to you

Jo
i am a 32 yr old women who is engaged to a wonderful man and i have 4 beautiful children 3 girls and 1 boy.
fibro 78
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems