Hypermobility, Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain (Paperback)

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hypermobility, Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain (Paperback)

Postby wizthebest » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:16 pm

Has anyone seen this on Amazon - Hypermobility, Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain (Paperback).

Link to Amazon page - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hypermobility-F ... RWWBL027JT

Product Description

This groundbreaking new text explains and documents the scientific basis of chronic pain in Joint Hypermobility Syndrome (JHS) and other heritable disorders of connective tissue from the physiological, epidemiological, genetic and clinical viewpoints. It asks the reader to consider the possibility of JHS, identify it clinically, understand its co-morbidities, including interdependencies with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, while managing the condition appropriately.

Hypermobility, Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain takes a multi-specialty and multidisciplinary approach to understanding JHS and its management, drawing together expertise from a broad group of internationally-recognized authors. The book is split into two sections. Section 1 deals with the clinical manifestations of JHS and Fibromyalgia, their epidemiology and pathophysiology. Section 2 covers clinical management. Here the reader will find chapters covering pharmacotherapeutics, psychotherapy and physical therapies that address the needs of patients from childhood to adulthood.

It is hoped that Hypermobility, Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain will advance knowledge of therapies and provoke further research while stimulating interest and encouraging debate.

It's not released until September 2010 but I'm definitely considering buying it as I have Hypermobility, Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain.
wizthebest
UKFM Member

Re: Hypermobility, Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain (Paperback)

Postby denys » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:32 pm

Sounds like it may be of some use, others on here have all 3 conditions too. Thanks for the link wizthebest :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby wizthebest » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:41 pm

No worries, already had 2 other people bookmark it as well. I was looking for a "Hypermobility for Dummies" type book and that one popped up. Bit expensive at £39-99 but you can preorder for £29-99 so it's not too bad. I just need to get doing some more surveys and earn some more Amazon vouchers to pay for it
wizthebest
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:25 pm

I've already pre-ordered it. :) Dr Hakim and Prof Grahame are 2 of the top doctors in HMS and I know Prof Grahame in particular also knowsa huge amount about Fibro.
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:28 pm

sounds interesting, i will have to look out for that.
Thanks for posting it.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby tireesix » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:01 pm

I got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have flicked through it and it is definitely worth the money......... I mean, so far, it is looking more likely that I have one of the classic types of EDS (gotta wait for an appointment with genetics) but hopefully, this book should help improve mine and my kids care IF I can get my docs to read the damn thing!!!!!!!!

I had pre-oredered it but what with an expensively sick cat that ended up being put to sleep anyway, I haven't been able to afford it. My Dh is not impressed at the fact that I spent £40 on a book but he has kinda eased up about it now that he understands how it might improve the kids care.

I just like the fact that they have finally done a book involving both the heritable conditions with the fibro etc. Its a nifty book and even includes stuff about mirapexin etc (if I am remembering right from my earlier flick through).

I also have that other hypermobility book, the one for physios, but like I said, with this new one combining both FMS and EDS etc, its a much handier book.
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Postby Dianebb72 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:18 pm

thanks for the info, have ordered the book and will hopefully get it tomorrow, be good to understand this fibro abit more than I already know

-X- Diane -X-
Dianebb72
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems