shaking/temor or reflex problems

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

shaking/temor or reflex problems

Postby miss daisy » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:59 pm

hi guys :wave:

just need to put my mind at rest on this subject.

does anyone have hand, and leg tremors? it doesn't happen all the time but my hands shake its quite embarrassing and distressing in the shops and my hands are shaking when i hand over money or try and put my pin in.

my legs shake sometimes when i am walking especially if i have to go down some stairs they shake uncontrobly, it is very scary.again its not all the time.

and also when walking its like my legs are not my own and have to concentrate really hard to walk especially when it feels like the ground is moving.again its not all the time, all these things happen at the same time but i kinda of have episodes of it that can last a few hours or a few days.

take care

:hugs:
miss daisy
UKFM Member

Re: shaking/temor or reflex problems

Postby denys » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:02 pm

Hi Hannah

yes I have a bad tremor which is almost constant in my left hand, been tested for parkinsons etc. my legs and right hand tremor some times but not as often or as bad as my left. I suffer badly with acid reflux and am now taking omeprazole for it which works really well for me.

As we always advise if these are new symptoms for you please get them checked out with your doc before putting them down to FM.
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby miss daisy » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:27 pm

hey denys
:wave:

thankyou for ur reply, i will mention it when i go to rheumy, its not new have had it a few times for the last few years, went to doc originally about it , he was unsure and then all the other bits and bobs have took priority over this which only happens every now and again.

i have had that omerprazole was on a six week course two tabs a day, when doc thought i might have an ulcer and or gerd, had scan to check gallbladder ect and gastroscopy, no ulcer and gallbladder,kids and liver all normal :D , was in extreme pain in my tummy high up by ribs, have had the pain there a couple of times since, not nice. :(

take care

:hugs:
miss daisy
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:26 pm

Hi
My hands shake which i think is down to the meds i am on.
I suffer with acid reflex, i have to take omerprazole every day which helps.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Elsbeth » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:08 am

I have also developed a tremor.

it is in both hands sometimes but normally appears in my left hand.
I find it is normally when I am stressed out or having an anxiety attack.
Elsbeth
UKFM Member

Postby kerrie » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:30 pm

I feel like i am shaking awfully onthe inside but from the outside my hand only shakes a little bit, horrible feeling though.
kerrie
UKFM Member

Postby stephanini » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:04 pm

I have the same problems as you...i feel like im shaking really uncontrollably on the inside, and on the outside its like im shaking half of the amount that i feel i am (if that makes sense) :dunno:

I get wobbly legs coming down stairs, and i tend to shake if ive been stood up for longer than a few moments... i usually get a shakey head, hands, legs and knees...i put it down to medication im on now, one including Omeprazole which i notice a few of you have mentioned...could teh shakes be to do with this?
stephanini
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:21 am

Tremor is a possible side effect of many medications, including Omeprazole, but it can also be down to the Fibro itself, or myofascial restrictions, which are very common with Fibro. If you have myofascial restrictions on a muscle, there will be a faster than usual build-up of lactic acid, etc when the muscle is used, so you can feel like you've just run a race when you've only walked up the stairs. Plus, with Fibro, dopamine levels in the brain are affected - if you realise that dopamine levels are also low in Parkinson's Disease, it makes sense that tremor can be a Fibro symptom.
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby miss daisy » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:21 pm

thanks guys, its good to know i am not alone in the shaky/tremor thing :)

don't think its meds tho cos the only things i am taking at the moment is adcal-d3 and co-codamol, struggling on until i see the rheumy and he confirms the gp's diagnosis of fm, ive been really concerned about ms/lupus but now i know the shaky/tremor/jelly leg thing is not uncommon in fm i feel much better about that :D

take care :wave:
miss daisy
UKFM Member

Postby Margaret Walker » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:46 pm

Hi Miss Daisy,
I have terrible shakes in both hands all the time. It's very hard to take my medication, because every time I open the bottle/box of tablets everything goes all over the place, as I can't control what I am trying to get hold of. Sometimes, it is so bad, anyone who sees me will be convinced I've got the shakes, because I am desperate for a drink!!! My grandson & I had a very funny five minutes, as he was trying to pass me things & I kept dropping them, something I seem to do without even knowing I'm dropping items. So, don't worry, we are all in this together.
Margaret Walker
Margaret Walker
UKFM Member

Postby cherryblossom » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:45 pm

Hi Miss Daisy :wave: I get the shakes on the inside, but very little shows on the outside, so I know what you mean. :) My legs today have felt like jelly all day and very wobbly, I put this down to stress at the mo and having to do alot of walking in the last day or so, and I'm not on any meds at the mo except co-codamol as doc is sorting it all out with me. Hope like all the others on here it gives you a little reassurance to know you're not alone :hugs: cherry x
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems