My little list of problems...

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

My little list of problems...

Postby stephanini » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:22 am

OK...so where do i start...

November 08 i was a fit and healthly 23 year old, riding my bike to school pulling my 2 kids in a trail buggy when a *stupid* woman decided she wasnt going to stop at the junction and hit us at about 15-25mph causing a massive force on my body...

since then ive had problem after problem and found myself going to the doctors every week (to begin with) with problems...extremely tired, achey to the point i couldnt move, waking up even more tired than i went to bed even though i felt id slept well, confusion, memory loss, sickness, numb/tingly/cramp in legs and arms, feeling like i had constant pulled muscles, aching bones, sharp shooting pains, sensitive to the touch (to the point id scream if my son leaned on me), i basically felt like an old woman...

time and time again i was shrugged off and set home with painkillers from paracetamol (hmmm) to tramadol and lots of others inbetween...but they didnt seem to work at all, ive seen so many doctors and been sent away with no answers or help that i was starting to get frustrated...

in june 2010 i was so ill that i went to the doctor and told her id be dead by the end of the week, so she did emergency blood tests and wihin hours of the blood being taken i was rushed to hospital with kidney failiure, uveitus, TINU syndrome (a very rare condition)...ive also been diagnosed (last year) with cronic back pain and IBS, i see psychologist, physio and i have CBT...

the thing i cant handle is the fact that i used to be very fit and healthy and then had everything taken away from me in the blink of an eye....i know there are otheres out there that are far worse off, and i shouldnt complain, but i wanted to ask if anyone else has any similar experiences where something has happened and all of a sudden your left with syndromes/itus'/diseases etc etc...and if anyone has had any organ failure etc.

i feel all of my problems are related in some way, and want to know if they could be

sorry to waffle on...i cant seem to get my words out proper this days (i think you call this "fibro-fog", but im not used to teh lingo yet :dunno: )
stephanini
UKFM Member

Re: My little list of problems...

Postby budda » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:59 am

Hi Steph, you have been through a lot, I danced for 15years, it is hard when these things are taking away from you, but you do learn to adjust, as you say there are people worse of than ourself, i feel myself, this is my life and i have got to make the best of it, i get my down days just like everyone else, but when i come on the forum, i dont feel so along as i have made a lot of new friend who understand how i am feeling, if you feel your GP is not very understanding, why dont you try other GP, hope you get answers soon :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby stephanini » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:17 am

hi budda,

thanks for your reply...i think im automatically learning to adjust...i sat back a few months back and compared my life between before all this and now and realised ive made some major adjustments to life to get by, and ive done it without a struggle or even realising...e.g. when i do my housework (if you can call it that)...instead of blitzing one room at a time, moving something from the lounge to the kitchen then walking back to the lounge, i find myself taking that item to the kitchen...then while im in there doing something to save me walking back to my previous "job" and wasting precious walking steps empty handed (if you know what i mean)...i have a few adaptations, a recliner and a bed downstairs for when i cant make it up etc...

it was a bit of a shock to realised what ive had to do just to get from day-to-day, but i also felt a sense happiness because i dont feel its been as much of a stuggle as it could of been because ive put these things in place natually.

ive only been on this forum less than 24 hours, and already i feel like a weight has been lifted!! :grouphug:
stephanini
UKFM Member

Postby *rach* » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:48 am

Hiii Steph!! :wave:

I joined this forum last week! Lol!

Talking to you made me feel so much better about how crap I was feeling, and finding this forum was a big help! Just knowing you're not alone feeling like this makes such a difference.

Hope you're having a 'good' day today Hun, And everyone else too!

Xxx
*rach*
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:55 am

Hi Steph, thats good that you are doing these things without knowing what you are adapting,and for feeling the wieght is being lifted, its because you are not the only one who has this illness and not alone, you will speak to a lot of lovely friends on the forum, who will help and support you, when you want to have a good moan or have a laugh, :blowkiss:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby stephanini » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:53 pm

hi rach...nice to see you here lol...
stephanini
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:00 pm

you really have been through the mill Steph and with little ones it must be so hard to have this constant pain to deal with. Glad you're finding the forum a help please keep posting and hopefully you'll find your way to some contentment :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby LinzWorld » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:16 am

Most of your symptoms, such as the renal issues, could be down to the TINU syndrome.

It is common for people with other chronic illnesses to end up with Fibro as well. But having Fibro doesn't make you at risk of getting the other illnesses, such as Lupus or Arthritis.
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems