Hot Sweats at night

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hot Sweats at night

Postby stephanini » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:45 pm

hello...

ive noticed a few people mention hot sweats, and just wondered if this is linked to FM or other problems that are related...

i will often wake in the night with literally soaking wet pajamas, and a "river" running down my back/chest...it just seems like water rather than sweat (e.g. smelly (sorry tmi))...i will sometime feel hot with it, but other times i will just feel at a normal temperature if you know what i mean

its quite embarrassing wen my hubby comes to cuddle me and he feels like hes been dipped in the bath!! :nono:
stephanini
UKFM Member

Re: Hot Sweats at night

Postby denys » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:34 pm

Hi Steph it can be linked to a number of things, FM, meds and the dreaded change. Never had it when feeling at a normal temp though :shock: I normally feel like my internal thermostat is broken and I'm getting hotter and hotter. As we always say though if its something new mention it to your doc just to make sure. :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby stephanini » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:39 pm

hopefully its not the change as im only 24...

its been happening for a few months now (so not as long as the rest of my symptoms)...i have just had kidney failure, so it could be related to that..just wanted to see if it was a common symptom with FM...ill mention it to my GP next time i see her

thanks x
stephanini
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:18 am

It is common to have issues with temperature control (and therefore sweats and chills) with Fibro - the Autonomic Nervous System, which is affected in Fibro, controls things we don't think about, such as temperature control and blood pressure.
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby stephanini » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:54 pm

ive noticed when im hot, or its humid (like today) i hat a throbbing/pulsing shake right through my body, and feel like teh blood is pumping through my head...making me light headed and dizzy...

is this quite normal too?...i usually get this when ive been stood too long (like in a queue at a shop)...but when its hot its constant
stephanini
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:20 pm

I feel like this too, but again if it's new mention it to the doc :hugs: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby stephanini » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:40 am

thanks a bunch...ill mention it next time i see her...i think i need to start writing a list to take in with me because i usually go in and forget half of what i wanted to say!! :banghead:
stephanini
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:03 am

It's possible you're getting episodes of low blood pressure that are causing the dizziness and throbbing sensation - sometimes your body will try to compensate for low blood pressure by increasing your pulse rate.
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems