sweating

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

sweating

Postby Margaret Walker » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:47 pm

Can anyone please help. I have had Fibro for over 20 years now & the sweating is getting worse & worse. I suppose I must be lucky, as, although I am very hot all the time. In fact this hot weather is really draining, I only seem to sweat from my head. Just sitting down & not moving any part of my body, it's just as if someone is pouring a watering can over my face. Does anyone else have this problem & if so, how do they deal with it.
Margaret Walker
UKFM Member

Re: sweating

Postby lizfin » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:01 pm

hi margaret. you could be talking about me :roll: im exactly the same. ive had fms for over 20 yrs my sweats are getting worse and like you sweat even when im sitting the doctors gave me hrt( another tablet :roll: ) but that made no diff. then they tell me its my weight ( i dont think it is) then its my meds. i dont deal with it very well as i tend to stay near home. in a shop the water drips of the end of my nose, i carry kitchen towel to soak up the sweat lol, let me know how things go with you xxxxxxxxxx liz :hugs:
lizfin
UKFM Member

Postby fionarodriguez » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:14 pm

hi . im so glad im not the only one that has this problem. i would be just sitting watching tv and i go very hot and sweat but only on my head. night times i get very hot and very restless at night regarding the weather. i have only been told back in june this year , so im still new to all this. fiona
fionarodriguez
UKFM Member

Postby fibofog » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:53 pm

Hi
i was the same the sweating was driving me mad,someone suggested STARFLOWER tablets,i didnt hold out much hope,but i have been on them now for five weeks and the sweating has gone,if you decide to try them shop around as they can be expensive.
fibofog
UKFM Member

Postby hamstergirl » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:25 pm

Hi

I've been suffering with this for the last few years but has certainly got worst in the past few months. My periods have always been as regular as clockwork. Could always plan a holiday around them. Infact both my children were born on their due date,thats how predictable i was.

However, in the last few years about every 3/4 months i have a funny do where i'm so hot and my periods late and then i flood, thankfully this has only happened in the night.

But for the past few weeks i've been so hot, all over so much that i feel as though i'm going to faint. When i was 14 i fainted at hairdressers and when i worked in a office they always said there was something wrong with me because i was always hot. In winter when they had the heating on i had my thin strap tops on or i couldn't cope. In winter now i dont have my heating on unless kids are in the house.

I was thinking of visiting docs again but seem to be going a lot lately so didnt really want to go again but i'm just not coping anymore probably since Christmas.

Anyway i had a Asda delivery booked for Tuesday, i always have my shopping delivered now, just dont have the energy to go shopping. Looked for this starflower oil and there is two bottles on offer for £4.00 so i have ordered some. Just hope it does help and i'm happy to try especially for that price.

Thank you for this advice and i know what can help one may not help another but i'm happy to try anything if its not expensive. I'll let you know how i get on.

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:52 pm

Good luck Lorraine hope it works for you :hugs: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby lizfin » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:56 pm

hi everyone :wave like you i will try anything, but was just wondering will they be ok to take with all our other meds ( tramadol, gabapentin etc )
lizfin
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:21 pm

We always advise everyone to check with their GP/health professional before taking any type of supplement just to be on the safe side :grouphug:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby hamstergirl » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:01 pm

I've got mine coming from asda on tuesday. There is 60 tablets at 500mg for £2.98 but got an offer on 2 for £4. I've looked in boots today and they are a lot dearer but noticed that they do 1000mf strenght. I will therefore take one in morning and one at night. But still 2 months worth for £4.

I only take paracetamol and codiene. Trying to get tramadol, doc says I don't need it, so I rang pain clinic waiting to hear from them. I don't take any other drug cos the side effects were far worse than the fm. I would def check either with a pharmasist.

Let me know if it works for you and I'll keep people informed

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Sweating with pain.

Postby sjc » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:40 pm

hey every1 - how are you @ the moment? Yes, the sweating is horrible and makes ya feel more uncomfortable. Im only 26, and i sweat buckets 2 da point im always changing my clothes and its embarrassing...hot weather, especially anything over 20c makes it worse. Also, walking too far or rushing makes me sweaty and ill. Dont know about others, but i also hate wearing clothes because of the sweating and feel restricted in clothes. Take care. Xxx :crazy:
Sick of being sick, if you know what I mean. Anger keeps me going! I love campaigning for the rights of those with hidden disabilities. Enjoys talking to other like minded people - well, if you are sane, anyway :)
sjc
UKFM Member

Postby angie51 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:28 pm

Hi everyone i sweat alot as well and when you are out it is embarressing as ppl look at you as if you have a disease or something.I think alot of it is the medication we all take for our fm ,if it isent one thing we have to deal with then along come aload more i cant walk far because of fm and osteoarthritis in my knees and the constant sweating feel like im going mad at times ......aaaaaggggghhhhh :crazy:
angie51
UKFM Newbie

Postby jenn » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:22 pm

Wish the people that I used to work with could have seen your messages. I only came across the web site last week, and am feeling more and more that I could have Fibromyalgia. Sweating/hot. wow yes! At work I could only wear sleeveless t-shirts, cotton trousers and no socks or boots, rarely a coat and then it was only a small fleece......everyone else looking for cardigans and scarfs! I have felt like this for at least 12 years, always hotter than everyone else, in the summer or computer room, you could feel the heat coming from the top of my head, sometimes the hair i put behind my ears would be soaking. My face and bare arms glow red. I always sleep with a thin quilt, window open and usually wake with aseaty hair and/or my neck wet! Doctors take no notice as I've asked about it; along with not able to lose weight, fatigue, pins + needles in fingers, stabbing pains in hands and feet, bad night cramps allover legs, or feet or toes. I do also have osteoarthritis in most joints and a hip replacement. Is good to feel that I am not alone. :hugs:
jenn
UKFM Newbie

Postby budda » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:20 pm

You will never be alone on here jenn. :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby ginnie » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:00 am

Like others have said you could be talking about me too!I haven't worn a winter coat or sweater for 16 years now and it definately getting worse.Having read the posts I'm going to get some Starflower Tabs tomorrow!!One thing that helps me a bit is ,when I shower,sometimes at 3am!I always finish with a cool rinse,obviously not too cool and I let myself dry off with just the towel wrapped around me!Drying off with a towel takes up too much energy.The only other thing I can do is take a small spritzer spray round with me.Hope this helps a bit.Take care,Ginnie. :)
ginnie
UKFM Newbie

Postby deathvalleydemon » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:07 pm

I sweat uncontrollably too, im at the point now where when i have a bath i still smell of sweat afterwards, ive used every kind of bath gels and cream and god knows what else but the sweating remains :(
deathvalleydemon

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems