deep chest /back pain

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

deep chest /back pain

Postby aliken » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:23 pm

hi All my name is Alison new to forum - looking for some advice - dr thinks I may have fm - have been in hospital with bad back pain - central and under left shoulder - had ultrasound ct scope ecg all clear with MRI on monday - other symptoms include serious fatigue/exhaustion, nausea, gerd, urinary problems, pain in hips and upper legs, shoulders and neck, not too much "fog", very down and certainly anxiety makes me feel much worse - im just really concerned about the chest pain -feels so very deep in my chest - sometimes burning sometimes just aching - has anyone else experienced this ? or should I pursue more tests - any comments or advise gratefully received xx :(
aliken
UKFM Newbie

Re: deep chest /back pain

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:46 pm

:wave:

You need to spk to GP about any new symptoms you experience and also ask to see a Rhumatologist for a fibro diagnoses if you and your GP feel you have syptoms of fibro...
What you describe can be that of FM but alot of conditions can also mimic fibro so best get checked out by a consultant.

The chest pain you feel i also get and is a commen FM symptom (costochondritis) as FM effects all muscles in the body and chest being one of them but you must see GP with any chest pain

:hugs:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby denys » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:42 am

Hi and :welcome: to the forum, I totally agree with Lisa regarding getting things checked out. I get similar symptoms and it is quite scary. :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby sweet princess » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:15 am

Hi Alison,

It sounds so familiar to what I experience. it's the worst pain ever, and feels as if someone has driven a stake through your chest that is coming out your back. Sorry to sound so gory, but that's exactly how it feels, and can last for hours. I can't say if it's FM, having just been diagnosed myself after almost 20 years of suffering. I hope it's nothing serious like your heart and lungs.

Let us know how you get on with the doctor. :hugs:
sweet princess
UKFM Member

Postby Mike1979 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:30 am

*Lisa* wrote:
but alot of conditions can also mimic fibro

Sorry but I was told that Fibro is the one that mimics other conditions as they have to rule out all other conditions before diagnosing FMS, or have I been misinformed?

@ Alison, I too get these chest pains(and pretty much all of your other symptoms too), as I have said on here before it feels like I'm having a Heart attack! and as sweetprincess says, It is the worst pain I have ever felt (and I've been hit by a Transit van before lol) and mine is getting worse now as the weather is cooling down! I've come to accept it as an every day thing now but there are still days that make me worry when I have a bad flare up and I'm convinced I'm about to die :nono: even though I know I'm not :roll:

Hope you find out soon to put your mind at rest!

Oh and by the way Welcome to the Forum :welcome: Trust me, It's a great place for help and it's good to talk to other that know understand exactly what your going through
Mike1979
UKFM Member

Postby sweet princess » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:26 am

Mike1979: I've come to accept it as an every day thing now but there are still days that make me worry when I have a bad flare up and I'm convinced I'm about to die even though I know I'm not

Wow, it feels so strange to actually meet other people who know what you go through. So thanks for sharing. I know what you mean about accepting it now. The last time I got severe chest/back pain, I really thought I was going to die as my eye nearly popped out of my head with pain and I started praying but I never saw doc or went to A&E. What’s the point?

Oh and by the way Welcome to the Forum Trust me, It's a great place for help and it's good to talk to other that know understand exactly what your going through

It’s a blessing! :welcome:
sweet princess
UKFM Member

Postby chuckles » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:56 am

hi all my doc thinks ive got me maybe i have but ive allso got many symptons of fm including nasty pains in chest which ive been prescribed a spray for which does seem to help
chuckles
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems