Breathless

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Breathless

Postby kerrie » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:56 am

For the past two weeks i have been suffering badly with breathlessness and wondered who else gets this and if its FM?

My stomach goes really tight and i get a tickle feeling up my throat and feel like i am being squeezed really tight and become really breathless, this is worse when i stand up or when i talk

i have had these episodes before and was told maybe i was slightly asthmatic and then told i wasnt and the GP just dismisses me as nothing wrong but the breathlessness is getting awful

I have a peak flow monitor and the reading is fine at around 450

I recently had a cardioechgram which was fine.

The only other thing i have wrong, as far as i am aware, is chronic gastritis.
kerrie
UKFM Member

Re: Breathless

Postby denys » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:44 pm

sounds horrible Kerrie, I have the breathlessness but am asthmatic so I think you ought to press your GP for an answer :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:09 pm

HI
I would go back to see your GP.
Hope you get it sorted.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby elizabeth » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:09 am

Hi there read you post keep on at you gp and explain the situation and how its is affecting you. it is something that should be looked if it is causing you problems. Hope that you get it sorted out and you are feeling better soon

I suffer from gastris, hiatus hernia and asthma as well. I think the gastris causes breathfullness and triggers the astmas and vise versa. Sometimes it feel like a lorry has gone over my chest and some more and my throat tightenes, have collapsed twice up till now because of the chest pain. Have had ecg done it came back clear, even though I told the doctor before she gave me ecg that it was not my heart.
elizabeth
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems