head pain ???

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

head pain ???

Postby loubie » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:07 pm

hi all

just wondering if any of you have strange head pain??
its not headache or migraine
just very strange pain that comes and goes but can be anywhere in my head
not just in one place :dunno:
sorry if i have posted about this before
but i cant remember :oops:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Re: head pain ???

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:05 pm

As well as the headaches/migraines, I get a very strange sensation as if something is pulling my hair and scalp, followed by what feels like something crawling under my scalp. It happens all over my head at any time. Don't know what causes it, neither does GP. Comes and goes completely randomly.

Just reading it back, it sounds completely ridiculous, but I don't know how else to explain it :dunno: :dunno:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby loubie » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:31 pm

hi flup :wave:
yes i know just wot you mean & my head can feel sore just at the roots of hair
as if had real tight pony tail in.
but this pain is in my head :(
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:54 pm

I know what you mean about the tight ponytail feeling loubie, but as I have a constant headache that feels like it is going to turn into a full-blown migraine, I think any extra pain I feel gets swamped by that. Sorry I'm not much help tonite :cry:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby SarahP » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:26 pm

Hi Loubie.

I've had a lot of headache/migraine. Usually over one side of my head with shooting pains down into my eye. This went on for months but I had little to no body pain apart from general flu symptoms. It's common with FM I believe, but as with any new ache and pain you should go to the doc to verify x
SarahP
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:28 pm

Hi Loubie, have you had it checked out?? Any new head pain worries me a bit and is the one that sends me scurrying to the docs :yikes: have you changed your meds recently?? Sorry I'm not much help to you either but I either have the hurty scalp feeling or headache but you seem to be saying that your's is a pain inside your head but is not a headache??? :dunno: :dunno: sorry sending you :hugs: :flowers: and [chocolate]
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:31 pm

thanks girls :hugs:

i have said to Dr that i have many weird pains in my head but i just get the :crazy: look

but i do feel as they are getting worse especially at night when trying to get of to sleep
i have had this since my FM all blew up, but it is getting worse as i do have it every day now
some days worse than others
my hubby worries because my mom had a brain tumour
but i know her pain was on the side she ad the tumour
mine is all over and in different places just like FM pain really, moves about, so could just be FM :dunno:
loubie xx

UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby SarahP » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:48 pm

If it moves it can be stress related because I've had that too, but don't dismiss it until they've properly looked at it. Make a diary if you need to -- exactly where pain starts and ends, what happens inbetween and your impression of how highly it rated between 1-10 at the time, 10 being the most painful thing you've ever experienced. If your doc is unhelpful, you need a new one - an FM friendly one!!

My doctor is a rare gem. He doesn't care if my appointment runs into his lunch, he sits there until we're done, and that's what you need. If you have headache, its their job to sort it. Go back, repeat your concerns and if he isn't bothered ask for referral to neurology ;) At the very least it should make him sit up and take notice! God forbid you should disclose his incompetence to a neurologist ;)

Good luck Loubie, my thoughts are with you.
SarahP
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems