flat feet neuropathy??

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

flat feet neuropathy??

Postby Helen Marie » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:29 pm

Hi all :wave:

Decided to pay to see a chiropodist as i suspected i may have flat feet. thought it may help to get some supports for my arches, both to the pins and needles in my feet and my neck and back :)

Anyway went to see him today, lovely man, said i have very flat feet, obvious neuropathy and bony growth around my big toes. the bony growth is inherited and just one of those things. the neuropathy is usual for diabetics however :!: and as i had already explained the neuro appts and pending neck mri and EMG testing, nothing to be done here. he said that whilst my feet are very flat he couldnt recommend arch supports as he felt they would do me no good.

This is where i need help :dunno: I forgot why :crazy:

something about my foot not being able to accomodate them , would make my life painful , would hurt my feet. anybody else been told this? i said was thinking about getting some mbt's or such like, he said these were good but would make absolutely no difference in my case :( ... this all said, he was lovely and said my feet were very interesting ha ha, and didnt charge the £21 fee even though i was there 20 mins! :clap:

Thanks all :blowkiss:
after 9 years of FM .... you'd think I would have the hang of it by now :s
Helen Marie
UKFM Member

Re: flat feet neuropathy??

Postby denys » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:33 pm

Hi Helen, I have flat feet and had arches as a child but they made no difference and the doc said to forget them!! They did make walking painful and gave me pains up my shins :yikes: hope this helps :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Helen Marie » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:20 am

thanks Denys, just one of those things i guess :)
after 9 years of FM .... you'd think I would have the hang of it by now :s
Helen Marie
UKFM Member

Postby kim01 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:18 pm

Hi Helen, I have had very bad flat feet for 45 years only gave me problems when running or walking long distances would get bad shin splints,. I have had several orthotics made up over the years and found them a great help.
You need to go see a podiatrist, to get your feet checked out in motion, bipedal stance, limb lenth discrepancy etc, good luck.
kim01
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems