Feeling cold all the time?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Feeling cold all the time?

Postby nikkij78 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:26 am

Hi I'm new to all this so please bear with me!
I've read loads of books concerning Fibro and ME and find the symptoms confusing and not consistant. Does anyone else feel cold all the time? I have to sit with 2 doubled up blankets over my legs (as they always seem worse) even throughout the summer and sleep with two duvets (well if you can call it sleep :) ). I always feel i'm worse when the weather is worse, last autumn and winter was awful for me but now i'm much worse I'm dreading what was once my favourite season.
Does this affect anyone else?
nikki j
nikkij78
UKFM Newbie

Re: Feeling cold all the time?

Postby denys » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:06 pm

Hi Nikki if you read some of the other posts on the forum you'll find that broken thermostats seem to be a common problem for FMer's some (like myself) get too hot and then too cold while some just seem to stick one way or the other have you tried extra layers such as long thermals under trousers, walking socks etc :?: :hugs: :hugs: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby pixiecat » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:15 pm

Hi

I too have this, most of the time its feeling cold while everyone else is in tee shirt and shorts I am wearing the winter woolies!!
then I get hot flushes and have to strip off :roll: then half an hour later put the woolies back on again, its like a vicious circle.
Like Denys says go for layers that you can add or take away, I have never had so many cardigans of different types and thicknesses as
I have now, just to keep up the the temperature changes.

Good luck

Lorraine
pixiecat

Postby shazq » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:35 pm

I am a cold person, my feet and hands are the worse, as soon as i start to feel the cold the heating come on.
I have one of those snuggle blankets i wrap myself up in and watch the tv. :D :D
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Graduate » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:44 pm

Hi Nikki :wave: :wave:

I'm cold all the time. :!:

I'm sorry you also feel the cold, last utumn and winter were awful, I agree, and I still feel as if i'm not quite right.
the nights are drawing in, the swifts are massing, :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: I also dread the return of the damp and the dark.

I almost spent a whole year wearing longjohns, oh, they were so comfy and warm, the only month I didn't wear them was in the August.

I rarely sweat, usually in the bath, but any significant rise in my temperature causes me to feel more nauseus :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

A friend recently gave me some of those slipper boots you can heat in the microwave
10 minutes in them while I'm having my evening milk as i go to bed, keeps my feet toasty all night :clap: :clap: :clap:

I spent most of the summer between two fleeces under a duvet and one of my handmade quilts grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
may I suggest migration to sunnier climes? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hoping you are able to find whats right for you

Sending you big purple :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: and [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate]
Be good, take care, see you soon :-)
Graduate
UKFM Member

Postby hamstergirl » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:38 am

Hi

I think i must be a minority with Fm who actually loves it when its Autumn and Winter.

I cant cope in Summer if its more than 20 deg. I'm hot, irritable, bad tempered and sometimes tend to faint. I hate it when my husband suggest going abroad (thankfully we havent been able to afford it for past few years - phew). I'm always ill for the first two days while i climatise to the weather.

In winter i never have eating on in the day. I switch it on at 2.30 for half an hour for kids to come home and then again around 7 for baths. If its really cold i leave it on till around 7.

When i worked before i was diagnosed they use to always tell me there was something wrong with my circulation. In winter they use to want heating on all day and i kept telling them i couldnt cope. They put me working in reception which was colder than the typing office thankfully but hated it when i had to work in there.

I must say i bought a slanket last year and use that every evening instead of having heating on.

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby nutty1 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:46 pm

:wave: i suffer with feeling damp cold ,but with me its not just fm its my thyroid .i get so cold it makes me even more sensitive .maybe you should mention it next time you see gp .
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby Korakes » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:54 pm

i get very bad hot sweats which i did not know if it was the menopause, the tramadol or the FM, they are so bad i have to strip off and wipe myself dry. Then the cold hits the joints and i end up in agony and need to warm up its a vicious circle, i am really dreading this winter. :(
Korakes
UKFM Newbie

Postby shellcake » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:18 pm

I get very cold and have to wear jumpers and fleeces even when it's hot. But I also get terrible pain if the sun is too bright. (can't please some people lol).
I have extra blanket and hot water bottle on my side of the bed. DH has better temp control being a healthy person an'all.
Very occastionally get sudden fevers for no apparent reason.
Sometimes get a few days of freezing and then fever but that usually means "here comes another chest infection."
Remember you only have to live through each day once.
shellcake
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems