muscle twitches

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

muscle twitches

Postby cariad » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:45 pm

Hi I'm really suffering at the moment with poor sleep which is made almost impossible by almost constant muscle twitching. I just wondered if anybody had suffered with this and had a successful treatment. Many thanks. :(
cariad
UKFM Member

Re: muscle twitches

Postby chuckles » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:53 pm

hi sorry to read about ure probs i suffer with same
docs started me on amis to help with that and other probs
currently on 25mg at night dose is being put up slowly
oh says i still run a marathon maybe higher dose might help?
i see my doc everyweek so see what he reckons
doc is also trying to help with really bad pain
ive really gone down in last 6mths,thankfully ive got a fab doctor
go

od luck ureself,im offto :sleep: now hopeefull,
goodnight
chuckles
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:19 am

Hi Cariad, yes I have twitching sometimes it drives you bonkers and no sorry I havent had any effective treatment for it as I cant tolerate Ami's, speak to your doc they may come up with something that helps. Good luck with it :hugs: :hugs: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby cariad » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:35 am

Denys I'm the same as you ..can't tolerate ami. am on mirtazapine but to be honest I can't see much difference. Oh for a woder drug for us! :roll:
cariad
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:04 am

Here here :hugs: :hugs: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:35 pm

I get muscle twitches as well, i twitch more so when i am relaxing and about to fall off to sleep.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Elsbeth » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:00 pm

I get the muscle twitches as well.

I couldn't cope with Ami's either so I am now on Gabapentin and they have made a big difference to me, although when I am in a flare up they can be seen as a bit pointless but more often then not I am ok.
Elsbeth
UKFM Member

Postby pixiecat » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:20 pm

Hi

My twiches are mainly in my legs and like Shazq when I am relaxing of an evening watching tv or when I am just when I think I might fall
asleep in bed they start and drive me mad, but cannot take ami either, so have to just grit my teeth and hope it doesnt last long.

Lorraine
pixiecat

Postby Joanne C » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:17 pm

heya, i have too - my doc put me on clonzapam, and it seems to help. also, ive noticed taking magnesium really helps to cut it down too.
Joanne C
UKFM Member

Postby cloverly » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:54 pm

I was going to ask about this topic when i saw yours :)
My muscle twitching is getting worse and it drives me mad, its in my arms, legs and butt cheeks!! The fact its visible to the eye is embarrassing, well maybe i'm more paranoid as it feels like my muscles are jumping out of my skin, its happening as i type and my husband holds my arm and says it feels like i have a "gremlin" trying to get out!!!
Its driving me mad :x
I'm on Robaxin (muscle relaxant) which helps with the pain but really doesnt seem to stop the twitches, maybe if i took more they might but i'd be a zombie!
If anyone else has any ideas or remedies feel free to share
<<<gentle hugs>>>
*xXx Laura xXx*
cloverly
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:33 am

Cloverly have you been back to the docs to ask about this, it may just mean a tweak in your meds to help a little :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby sjc » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:56 am

hi Cariad and everyone. Yeah, I also get annoying muscle twitching. They are all ouer and make me tensed and feel tired. I love not to have my muscle jerk. My happen both day and night now. I wonder why fm sufèr with them. Medical ppl say that fm is just a pain related disorder and ppl like with fm mainly just suffer with painful muscle and exhaustion. I dont know about you, but i got alot of problems associated with fm, one being the twitching. I wish i knew what causes these symptons. Xxx :grouphug:
Sick of being sick, if you know what I mean. Anger keeps me going! I love campaigning for the rights of those with hidden disabilities. Enjoys talking to other like minded people - well, if you are sane, anyway :)
sjc
UKFM Member

Postby shellcake » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:36 pm

I get them too.
It's worse in the evening when I'm dead tired and tends to be accompanied with lightning strike pains.
I am on ami (30 -40mg) but I still get the twitches and spasms fairly often.

I'm sorry you're having a bad time with them and I wish I had a magic answer. [chocolate] helps :)
:hugs:
Remember you only have to live through each day once.
shellcake
UKFM Member

Postby cloverly » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:27 pm

denys wrote:Cloverly have you been back to the docs to ask about this, it may just mean a tweak in your meds to help a little :hugs: :flowers:

No, but i will have to go back if they dont improve, i just feel that when i go to see him he kind of gives me the impression there's not much else he can give me, i'm on a coctail of drugs as it is :(
*xXx Laura xXx*
cloverly
UKFM Member

Postby mooch » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:02 am

This drives me insane! twitching away and my skin feels like is it's doing a mexican wave..nothing helps this. I take 125mg of Amitrippystuff and an extra 25mg if the twitches are real bad..it doesn't help my twitches but it knocks me the h**l out so I can sleep. My poor husband has to deal with my figet, pillow flipping, grr-ing, arrgh-ing and then snoring. :|
mooch
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems