BLEEDING SORE GUMS & ACHING JAW

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

BLEEDING SORE GUMS & ACHING JAW

Postby Mel70 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:10 pm

Hiya
I hope everyone is having as good day as possible :wave:
Does anyone suffer with aching jaw & bleeding gums please? :cry:
My gums have always been a bit sensitive & I use sensodyne toothpaste. But last few days have been very bad.
When I cleaned my teeth I noticed I have a bit of a raw spot in the centre, in the middle of my bottom teeth.
I know I should go to the dentist but it's just too too expensive & I'm in my 'don't want to go out mood' :?
Any advise would be great :| I'd just like to know if it's yet another ailment we get with th FM.
thank you to everyone who takes part in this forum. It helps sometimes just to read it doesn't it.
:hugs: :flowers: :wave:[color=#FF0000][color=#400080]
[/color][/color]
Mel70
UKFM Member

Re: BLEEDING SORE GUMS & ACHING JAW

Postby denys » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:41 pm

Dont think the bleeding gums is part of FM sounds as though you have an ulcer or something, maybe try a mouthwash (antiseptic type)
Hope it clears up soon :hugs: :hugs: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby missusc » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:32 pm

hi

i wear a splint as i started grinding my teeth, have tmd (jaw pain). bleeding gums are a sign of tooth decay, you should see your dentist and i was advised with antiseptic mouthwash which is alcohol free which prevents dry mouth which some of us get with our meds. also given mouth exercises which help with jaw pain.

yours

missusc :wave:
missusc
UKFM Member

Postby Mel70 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:23 am

Hiya :wave:
Thanks for the advice. I've calmed it down now with ARM & HAMMER toothpaste & CORSODYL mouthwash.
I was using DIFLAM but that's really expensive for regular use.
I'll go to the dentist. I've got to be brave :yikes:
Hope everyone's ok :grouphug:
Mel
Mel70
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:55 pm

Hi Mel, glad to hear it's calming down and yes you have to be brave and go back to the dentist :nono: I've just rang my dentists to check when my appointment is, apparently it was on the 6th Sept :oops: :oops: so now going the 7th October :yikes: just hope I remember this one, now to remember to put a reminder in my phone.

Everything is reminder, remember and with a foggy head its impossible :yikes: :yikes:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems