[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - got brave and went for it!

got brave and went for it!

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

got brave and went for it!

Postby Ellen Tracey » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:18 am

Hello :wave:

Well after months and months of pain in my heel and xrays that came back "normal" i decided to have it injected :yikes: !!!

I had little choice really as there is a lump at the back of my heel that feels like bone but it is fluid and imflammation and my goodness its sore! I booked the appointment around 3 weeks ago and i have been dreading it! when i went into see the doc yesterday he said "you dont have to have it done" to be honest i nearly ran at that point :crazy: , anyway i thought about winter and not being able to wear proper shoes or boots due to this problem so i signed the form a gritted my teeth! :shock:

There was no "numer" !! as the jab itself had anestetic in it he said :yikes: , anyway what a fool i felt after it was done! all the fuss and tension for a jab that didnt really hurt that much at all! people told me it was awful! :tongueout: , maybe after suffering a lot of pain for such a long time with it didnt make me feel the pain i thought i would??

Anyways im just glad its done out of the way, it feels a little easier today although they said it may be very sore for a couple of days after, i am resting it as best i can, my mum has just taken the children to school for me :D

I just wanted to share my experience with you so that if ever you need to have one of these injections (i did think long and hard about it) it may not be as bad as you think it is going to be :D . I will let you know if it works for me, if not the doc says he will refer me to see what else they can do with it :yikes: (hammer and chisel comes to mind) :twisted:

Take Care y,all

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Ellen Tracey
UKFM Member

Re: got brave and went for it!

Postby shazq » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:03 am

Hi
Glad the injection has helped. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:24 pm

Well done you :clap: , hope the jab works. :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:51 pm

Glad you went for it in the end, glad you didnt need the numbing jab as I thought the initial injection to numb my heel was the worst part the steroid didn't hurt much at all :yikes: :hugs: :hugs: hope it works for you :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems