Can all these symptoms really be Fibromyalgia?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Can all these symptoms really be Fibromyalgia?

Postby Mrsmac » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:53 pm

Hi there, I hope I am on the right board for my rant. I have had severe pain symptoms for about two years now, and after many tests and hospital visits, they have told me it is Fibromyalgia and I need pain management. I take Naproxen and Tramadol none of which touch most of the pain. I have severe pain in my lower back which causes numbness in my toes. I have sore fingers, shoulders, knees, hips and feet. My memory has gone somewhere else and I say stupid things. In the mornings I feel nauseus and dizzy. I have RHS abdominal pain. I stumble if I turn too quick and I am suffering with no saliva in my mouth, and no tears in my eyes. The dry eye clinic are at the moment trying to persuede me to have plugs in my tear ducts. I have had an underactive Thyroid for five years and I also have Reynauds. I'm sure I've missed something, it may have been quicker to say that I ache all over, some days worse than others. Is this really Fibromyalgia, and does anyone else suffer from similar symptoms? Thanks for listening. Mary. :( :?
Mrsmac
UKFM Newbie

Re: Can all these symptoms really be Fibromyalgia?

Postby denys » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:35 pm

Hi Mary yes and yes, all your symptoms can be attributed or go hand in hand with FM. That said if you get new symptoms to those that have been checked always go to your doctors to confirm they are FM never just assume.

I have all those you mention apart from the reynaurds, as do many of the people on here. If you look around the site you will see loads of different symptoms, FM affects people in different ways none of us are exactly alike :yikes: this makes medication issues really difficult as it is trial and error, what works for 1 person may not work for another :yikes: :yikes:

If the pain meds you are on do not give much relief then go back to your docs, but a lot of meds need time to get into your system, so it can be important to give a few weeks before reporting back :yikes: then you have to go through weaning off one drug to go onto another (sometimes) and then start the whole process again, it literally is a pain :yikes: :yikes:

Anyway I hope you get sorted soon and start to get some relief :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers: [chocolate] :blowkiss:

PS the chocolate is calorie free and doesnt cause headaches :lol: we always try a corner before giving just to make sure it tastes OK :oops:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Mrsmac » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:34 pm

Hi there, and thank you for the choccie. Any type is welcome. If there is none available in my cupboard I usually ransak my son's room. Again, I did not think that a condition could have so many symptoms, but it is the fatigue along with the rest that causes me great problems. As a Foster Parent of a 28 week old baby and a four year old girl, I have little time to feel sorry for myself which is a good thing. Thank you for the welcome. Mary
Mrsmac
UKFM Newbie

Postby Ellen Tracey » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:22 pm

Hello Mary, :welcome:

:flowers:
Ellen Tracey
UKFM Member

Postby Mr.A » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:44 am

:wave:
I'm really sorry to here you ave all these symptoms but one thing that confuses me:
Mrsmac wrote:I have severe pain in my lower back which causes numbness in my toes.

Are you saying these two occurance happen at the same time or one after the other?
Mr.A
UKFM Member

Postby Mrsmac » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:05 pm

Hi there Mr. A. I have had pain in my lower back, which goes right through my :oops: buttocks, down my leg and causes a numb ankle and big toe along with the toe next to it. Doctor says its probably caused with the sciatic nerve? I notice when I wake through the night (many times) that my legs also cramp when I try to straighten them, and my ankle is completely dead like it doesn't belong to me. Sorry about the delay in replying, but I've just been prescribed Citalopram and I feel like retching :cry: sorry. Kind regards. Mary.
Mrsmac
UKFM Newbie

Postby Mrsmac » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:11 pm

Hi again, Sorry Mr. A., I forgot to add that even if my back is not too painful I still have the numb toes. Kind regards. Mary.
Mrsmac
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems