please, please help feeling so low

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

please, please help feeling so low

Postby angelwear » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:34 am

Hi , sorry just feel if i get this off my chest i mightt feel a bit better?

I have been having a really bad flare since sat evening....
cant get off the couch as im in sooo much pain
cant figure out if im hot or cold
restless legs are driving me to dispare( im so so trred)
getting strange random thoughts in my head most of them i forget as i am trying to make sense of them
just feel like i have lost thew plot
cant stand noise at all

my family does not understand how it feels not to be in control of your own body , i think they think i am just being lazy and when i flinch with pain or jump with the noise i just get a huff from my husband. dont know how much more i can take ? i feel like i have hit rock bottom . i sat with a glass of water and all my meds and just tthought it would be eisier to take the lot but i just didnt want my daughter to find me and i cant get out.i cant tell them how i feel as they will think i am saying it for attention. i took 26 tramadol a 3 months ago and was devastated to wake up and one day i told my husband as i was very upset and he throws it out at me all the time , dont think he really believes me.i dont have anyone to talk to , so every small thing goes round and round in my head getting bigger and bigger till i feel like i am loosing control of my life :needhug:
i am on mirtazapine 45 mg for depression but i dont think it is doing me any good but my doc wont change it as my rhumatologist asked him to put me on it.
i feel stupid putting this on here but i couldnt think of anything else to do????
angelwear
UKFM Member

Re: please, please help feeling so low

Postby loubie » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:06 am

hi :wave:
think you do need to talk to your Dr again or is there another Dr you could see?
have just come out of a flare myself, felt so so ill with this one, think a lot of
us are suffering at the mo, changes in the weather do get to me bad.
and i am same as you cant stand noise it just drives me nuts :crazy:

when you are feeling better try an talk to hubby, tell him just how he makes you feel,
it must be very hard for them too, they have to watch us in pain and cant help,
so they get frustrated, then it seems to us that they are in a mood with us.

hope this is making sense, not to good this morning

please see a Dr :hugs:
and remember your daughter needs her mum :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby Graduate » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:08 am

my husband and family had a tough time accepting i was ill too and i just got on with it for 12 or so years before my total nervous and painful collapse this year

i introduced them to this forum and they now have a better understwndiong of what we as fibromites go through every day :banghead: :banghead:

show them the articles for the non believers and the spoon theory

hope this helps as having an understanding support network is so good for our morale

hoping you feel a little better soon sending some medicinal [chocolate] and :wine:

sending big purple hugs :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Be good, take care, see you soon :-)
Graduate
UKFM Member

Postby hamstergirl » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:47 am

Hi

I think, like Loubie says you need to go and see your gp and telling him how you are really feeling.

Its awful when your going through a flare and cant see when its going to end, but it will and you will feel a little better. Everytime you feel like this just think of your Daughter. When i'm having low times i think of my beautiful two girls.

I think most of us find our partners/family/friends just dont understand. My Husband and children are the only people in my life who try to understand but he just thinks i get tired and in pain. He just cant grasp all the other things i'm saying. sometimes i think he thinks i just say things for the sake of it, so much so i dont say anything now unless i'm really really bad.

However, i do tell myself its not his fault because no one can understand what its like living with an illness, especially an invisible one, unless you suffer yourself.

Hope you are feeling a little better and more positivie. :flowers: :hugs:

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:31 pm

Hi Angelwear soooo sorry you are feeling this bad, it's important that you go back to your doc and explain the things you've mentioned on here.
That black hole gets bigger at times and the edges seem to creep toward us and the trick is to find the energy to shrink it back down again :( easier said than done I know.

Sometimes it's not possible to do this on your own and thats were the meds come in. But just as important is understading and support and if you can't get that from your family at the moment, then we are all here for you. You can PM me or anyone else or just post here, put it in private if you like and we'll be there, it may take a little while cos we aren't always on line at the same time, but we do understand as lots of us have been where you are now.

So please please go back to your docs as soon as possible to get that initial help, then you can tackle the issue of your family, but you have to be stronger yourself before you can begin to educate others on your condition and the effects it has on you sending you loads of positive vibes and :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers: :blowkiss:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:36 pm

So sorry Angelwear that you are feeling like this, we have all been there,feeling that we cant go on, you can get through this, but you must speak to your GP and tell them everthing, how you feel, your daughter needs her mummy, we are all here to support you, sending you :hugs: :hugs: and :blowkiss: :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:23 pm

Hope you pick up soon. :hugs: like everyone else has said have a word with you GP.
Good luck. :flowers: :blowkiss: :grouphug:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby angelwear » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:31 pm

Hi,thanks everyone for your kind words and advice!! it ment so much to know i wasnt on my own.
I ended up with the mental health crisis team , who i can say were fantastic!!! quess what they said the reason i could not sleep or think properly was through shear lack of sleep due to pain and i had not lost my marbles! lol and they told my doc who now seems to be taking me seriously. changed my meds and put me on diazapan and sleepers for the short time until i get sorted and have appointment for the pain clinic on 15th oct and hydrotherapy in nov. just feels so liberating to find its not all in my head.
my claim for dla went intoday and both the cab lady and doctor said i have a realy good chance of getting it although the crb lady thinks it might go to appeal as so many in my situation do.
thanks again to all :hugs:
angelwear
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:14 pm

So good to hear you are getting the help you need now :clap: :clap: :clap: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby solsticedreamer » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:13 pm

being new here i am just catching up with threads~so glad things have improved for you :hugs:
m.e~fibro~diabetes~high cholesterol...still smiling!
http://solsticedreamer-woolblankets.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:16 pm

Glad to hear you are getting help now. :hugs:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Graduate » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:49 pm

hi hun
glad to gear you're now getting support
sending big purple hugs :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Be good, take care, see you soon :-)
Graduate
UKFM Member

Postby debbs » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:36 pm

glad your feeling better x x i too feel the same as you my hubby seems to shout down his mobile phone and when i tell him it hurts my ears he says he is not shouting x x thinking of you debbs :hugs: :hugs:
debbs
UKFM Member

Postby hamstergirl » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:08 am

Hi

So pleased you are feeling better and you are now getting the help you need from your gp

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems