eye sight

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

eye sight

Postby debbs » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:53 pm

has any one else had trouble with their eyes ????? i have got to have some new ones
debbs
UKFM Member

Re: eye sight

Postby Elsbeth » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:09 am

I have bad eye sight from FM.

I get terrible double vision, I struggle to see certain colours in some weather conditions now (although I am unsure if that is the FM or the MS in all honesty), I am also losing my peripheral vision.
Elsbeth
UKFM Member

Postby missusc » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:00 pm

hi

i have just been to my optician today as the last week i have been struggling to focus on reading and eye muscles hurting. A month ago had new lenses done, as since last years check up my good eye was now my worst and had double vision and had new lenses with prisms. Now my optician wants to refer me to a opthamologist for further tests as another prescription for lenses would be waste of money.
Not sure if fm or meds are affecting my eyes, will have to wait, as per usual another consultant on the list. I would get eyes checked by optician if probs persist as any new symptons need to be checked out. Hope you get sorted :wave:

yours
missusc :D
missusc
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:04 pm

Yep I have terrible trouble with my eyes and its down to both FM and the meds I'm taking :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby yorkshire » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:25 pm

Hi I am a newbie Ihave trouble with my eyes.I have fribo in my temples and when Ihave very bad pain there and i can not stand my eyes start,like they on fire. The doctors it has nothing to do with it but as not said what else it could be.
yorkshire
UKFM Newbie

Postby debbs » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:47 pm

debbs wrote:has any one else had trouble with their eyes ????? i have got to have some new ones
whoops another fm moment i did mean new glasses :oops: :lol:

thanks everybody i have had my eyes tested and need stronger lenses apparently i am in the age group where you need 2 pairs of glasses one for reading etc. i went to tesco for my new pair of glasses only £59 even with reactalites in them but they did tell me fm can affect the eye mucsles
:grouphug:
debbs
UKFM Member

Postby shellcake » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:05 pm

Yep, get blurred vision, spots and worms especially on right eye but the blurred vision and lack of focus is with both. It can be better at times and really bad, can't see to read or do much at other times.
I've assumed it's fibro.
Remember you only have to live through each day once.
shellcake
UKFM Member

Postby debbs » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:23 pm

i have fetched my new glasses :D they seem to do the trick :D only ordered them friday :shock:
debbs
UKFM Member

Postby Gallagher45 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:37 pm

I am having the same trouble with my right eye, I have failed the field of vision test and have been referred to Manchester Eye Hospital going on the 5th Oct to see what it is, I have just returned from the hospital today from seeing a neurologist and she said she doesn't think it is MS causing the eye problem and puts it down to FM so I will have to wait now till the 5th Oct :|
Gallagher45
UKFM Newbie

Postby debbs » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:43 pm

hi Gallagher45 i hope you go ok at your next appointment my glasses have helped but not completely i am still struggling to see the small print on packets and things
:grouphug:
debbs
UKFM Member

Postby marybu » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:25 pm

I too have been having trouble with my eyes, you have just answered some questions that I put to the doctors at the eye clinic and they said they couldn't find anything wrong. I have fm for about 20 years, although only diagnosed about 18 months ago.
marybu
UKFM Newbie

Postby solsticedreamer » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:32 pm

i have noticed my eyes have become much worse over the last few months.

my eyes have become weaker due to my m.e making the uscles weak and last year...or year before cannot remember :? i had a prism put in my right lens.
these days i cannot even use my mobile phone without putting on my glasses.

:lol: just did a 'take my glasses on and off' to look at the screen and its all blurry :lol:

i have my diabetes eye check up coming up plus my yearly one with specsavers so i expect a stronger prescription again
m.e~fibro~diabetes~high cholesterol...still smiling!
http://solsticedreamer-woolblankets.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer
UKFM Member

Postby twighlight30 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:50 pm

I get a lot of double vision, and floaters (wee black/gray spots) its anoying but my eyrsight deefinatly has become worse since the FM started and has worsened over time i also get dry eyes from my douloxitine so have to use liquid tears. :!: :hugs:
twighlight30
UKFM Member

Postby tigra10 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:37 pm

Hi my eyes have been really bad since april last year, been to doc on numerous occasions, reffered to eye clinic at hospital after doc trying every type of eye drops there is. Eye clinic said i have allergy conjunctivitus and to take these drops when it comes bk. I had the runny eyes, blurred vision, red eyes and pain in my eyes for 6 months last time and this time im well into my 2nd month. The drops are not helping at all. So as usual im just getting on with it best i can.
tigra10
UKFM Member

Postby carolnotts » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:57 pm

yep i have trouble with my vision aswell, double vision,blurred vision etc xx
carolnotts
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems