eye sight

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: eye sight

Postby wanda » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:03 pm

Hi everyone
I had eye test two weeks ago after struggling on and off with blurry vision, dry eyes, taking my glasses on and off every two minutes, i can see with them on and cant see with them on and same when they are off. Got two pairs of new glasses, great one for reading and tv and everyday pair. Thought great this will really help, wearing my old glasses today as the other ones are not so comfy and I am still having the same blinking (he he ) problems.
:crazy:
wanda
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:14 pm

Sorry to hear that Wanda, sometimes it can take a while for your eyes to adjust to new glasses, if you feel you cant get on with them go back to the opticians. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby link » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:17 pm

:wave: Hello everyone i was wondering when somebody was going to ask the question about eye sight.I myself have had trouble with my eyes :crazy: , Possibly more frequent over the last 8yrs or so.I appear to have rather a lot of migraines :shock: , where i can only see half of what I'm looking at :? . then i get these zig zag lines starting to appear then followed by a pain at the top and back of my head :facepalm: . I have to sit down for at least 30 Min's for it to go away, this happens quite regularly.Another thing is that bright light hurts my eyes :shock: ,Whether its from daylight ,car headlights, computer screens :pcsmash: , television, fluorescent lights, etc. Had my eyes checked at opticians said I'd failed field of view test. I had an appointment at hospital i was told nothing wrong he said I'd got 20x20 vision, Googled bright lights hurting eyes and it came back with fibromyalgia, another thing is that flashes from the sun past hedgerows or from cameras etc set of my migraine within minutes of it happening. I was wondering if anyone else suffers with similar symptoms thanks :xmaswave1: :xmaswave1:
link
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:07 pm

Hi Link :xmaswave1: I to suffer very bad headaches just like you, even the snow hurts my eyes, bright lights cameras, but what helps Me, is a pair of sunglasses, But you should ALWAYS get things checked out by your GP, NEVER put anything you take down to FM, hope this helps you. :santchimney1: :xmastree1:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby fabme » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:58 pm

i have had problems with my eyes for a while, i have also become sensative to bright lights and have to wear tinted glasses which has helped a lot 8)

if you search on the site threre are posts about this with one of which i put on where you may find some usefull info :D

fab
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby Stephanie66 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:11 am

Hi there,
Yes I get trouble with my eye sight. I have trouble concerntrating on words and things often get blurry and I get very bad sinus trouble. I went to see the optition last week and they said I have a slight prescription for glasses. It is horrible when you have so much pain and trouble yet they come back and say they cant see anything wrong. Hope you are ok. :) x
Merry Christmas .... x
Stephanie66
UKFM Member

Postby tonydin » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:41 am

aching eyes and sinus problems steph all very familer. going on this sight is like looking into a mirror , and my doc rekons im a mystery???//
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby linzipd » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:17 am

Hiya

I was reffered to an opthamoligist a couple of months ago. I get floaters/worms and double vision but ive also started getting flashes at the side of my vision and occassionaly see coloured spots. dont get much pain although i can feel my muscle straining when getting double vision. I had 3 or 4 operations when i was younger to correct a squint in my left eye but all of a sudden its came back...???

xx
linzipd
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:45 am

Hi Linzipd,sorry to hear you are having more trouble with your eyes, if I were you I would go back to my GP and tell them what is going on, let us know how you get on. :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby linzipd » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:25 pm

Well im seeing my opthamoligist on 25th this month.

im really worried now as along with the other symptoms im now seeing kind of shadows coming from side of my sight, one of my friends said that that is a sign of a detached retina :shock: :cry:

Anyone any thoughts?
much Love

xx
linzipd
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:35 pm

I dont know anything about this sorry Linz so cant help but just wanted to say :goodluck1: with your appointment and :fingerscrossed: everything will be sorted quickly :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shrimp » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:56 am

yep i have problems with eyes - got so bad i could not focus on paper to read at all - went to opticians and now gotta wear glasses all the time......
never had a problem with eyes before fibro...............doesnt it just get EVERYWHERE.........
shrimp xx
I like to make people laugh xxx
shrimp
UKFM Member

Postby Joolz1968 » Tue May 31, 2011 11:45 am

I also get blurry vision . Eyes hurt when I get face pain and headache. Feels nice when I cry from the pain I get ... I know it sounds weird but its like my eyes need water .. very strange
Joolz1968
UKFM Member

Postby trishy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:20 pm

I have always had bad eyesight and have to pay an arm and a leg for my glasses to be made thinner (instead of milk bottle bottoms) so I very rarely go to the opticians, I try to persevere with the glasses I have, and before you say it I know its silly but its so expensive. But after reading all your comments I am defo. oing now, cos at the minute I am using a magnifying glass to read things as well as my glasses. Beside all the blobs and zigzagz and stuff I have experienced, I thought it was cos I need stronger lens. I hate going to the opticians cos my lens get stronger and stronger I have visions of a pair of binoculars with arms next. But you lot got me worried now.Guess I will have to start saving real quickly.
trishy
UKFM Member

Postby RickyPonting » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:59 am

Yeah,I have to wear glasses as my eyeside is quite week.I have used plenty of medicine but I find out only these two products are good.
Rovigen
Alfaghan....
RickyPonting
UKFM Newbie

PreviousNext

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems