eye sight

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: eye sight

Postby solsticedreamer » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am

same here!

my m.e has made the muscles around my eyes weak and have had a prisim in one lens for a few years.

every year for the last four i have had to have increasingly stronger lenses. last year i ended up with bifocals and the main part of the lens for long distance as its getting alittle blurry but i really couldnt get on with them, especially when doing my crochet and trying to watch tv.
so now i have my glasses for close work and just keep my glasses perched on my nose and spend most time peering over the top like some stern school marm :lol:
my appointment is coming up in mext couple of moths so i will be interested to see if its worse again.

i have noticed that over the last year sometimes i have trouble focusing on things

my yearly diabetes checks have been fine todate to fingers crossed for this year too.
m.e~fibro~diabetes~high cholesterol...still smiling!
http://solsticedreamer-woolblankets.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer
UKFM Member

Postby Wendo » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:00 am

I also have trouble with my vision, I have had to get a new prescription 2 years in a row, I have double vision, trouble focusing, soreness with a gritty feeling, I find my eyes are worse in the evening. :(
Crohn's sufferer for 28yrs Fibromyalgia sufferer for over 20yrs.
Wendo
UKFM Member

Postby trishy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:43 pm

Went to the opticians, it had gotten so bad couldnt read my book without a magnifying lens, was surprised when the optician said my eyes were only marginally worse and I didnt need to alter my glasses. But the bad news was the pressure behind my eyes (which is always high) is now sky high. He sent to Manchester eye hospital , where I have now been given 2 appointments. I am petrified, I hate anyone going anywhere near my eyes. I was wondering if this pressure build up is due to the fibromyalgia. Any ideas anyone?
trishy
UKFM Member

Postby allina11 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:26 am

Hi all
Like you all, I also have been suffering from week eye sight, I had visited optician and taken a contact lenses but that is again affecting to my eye sight, if anyone have any alternative other that contact lenses or glasses, please suggest to me.
allina11
UKFM Newbie

Postby Roop » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:47 pm

Hi I get problems with my eye sight too, the usual blurred vision. Spots and worms in front of my eyes. There are a couple of things that I get that I have not heard about on other messages. Does any1 have pins and needle pain in their eyes or gunj build up, and itching. A bit like conjuctIvItus but not? Thank for beading from roop. :dunno: :dunno:
Roop
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:54 pm

Have you spoken to your dr about the strange sensation in your eyes, as well as the build up of gunge??

With you being a newbie, it would be nice if you introduced yourself in "Where To Say Hello" tell us a little about yourself, how long you've had FM etc :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:35 pm

It could be blocked ducts, when you blink you are supposed to get an oily film (unnoticable normally) across your eyes mine apparently are like chewing gum and so I get gungy eyes and itchy feeling, you really need to see your optician about this as there are things you can do to correct it but it needs to be diagnosed properly
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby mand » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:01 pm

im having a problem with left eye,when wearing glasses...it seems like i have a smudged lens not all the time i clean glasses and still the same so presume left eye going worse, im under the same hospital as you trishy, mines high pressure readings and my sis has glaucoma so keeping an eye :clap: on me (pardon the pun), field vision and all other tests fine....just pressures, i dont want new lenses only got new glasses a few months ago :shock:...its the lenses that cost the most...varifocals
mand
UKFM Member

Postby Jan42 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:27 pm

I have trouble with my eyes. Over the last 10 months or so, I have noticed that my night vision for driving is not so good as I don't seem to be able to judge distances too well. Not sure if this is just my age though.
Also my eyes seem to feel tired most of the time now, I put my glasses on to help, but they hurt my face with the weight :( I can't win. I wish they made glasses that were weightless :facepalm:
try to have a smile on my face even if I'm not smiling on the inside
Jan42
UKFM Member

Postby Livefortheday » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:01 pm

About a year ago I suddenly went from perfect vision to can't possibly read without glasses. My eyes ache really badly if I read more than a few pages of a book :swear1:
Livefortheday
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:09 pm

Livefortheday wrote:About a year ago I suddenly went from perfect vision to can't possibly read without glasses. My eyes ache really badly if I read more than a few pages of a book :swear1:

Same here. I had reading glasses but managed without them but now i cant read a thing without them :shock: I find after reading for a short time my eyes ache and i get headaches :facepalm:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems