anyone have hypertension?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

anyone have hypertension?

Postby shellcake » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:23 am

I've recently found I have type2 hypertension. The GP thought the Amitrip was the root cause and took me off it-just as a flare was in swing and I ended up in A&E. Not pretty.
I'm back on the amitrip because it is the only pain med I have found does anything useful.

Last week the hospt started more tests; another ECG which again was clear (ECGs never show my heart murmer) and yet more fasting bloods and then I had to wear a sphig for 24hrs.
I'm back at the hospt next week for the Hypertension Clinic.
The GP also wants my kidney's checked as there's a possibility they are packing up.
I'm in the NHS system so there's no rush to sort me out :?

I have read that stroke is a major risk for those of us with fibro, so that implies it's pretty common.
Anyone else have hypertension and what is being done to help you?
Remember you only have to live through each day once.
shellcake
UKFM Member

Re: anyone have hypertension?

Postby shazq » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:44 pm

Hi
I dont have it so cant help but i am sure someone else will come along.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:37 pm

Sorry I dont have this either hope you get sorted out soon :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby debbs » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:11 am

yea i do and i am ramipril and was on felodpine but they just changed it to something else also take 75mg of amitrptiline as well as cholesterol thyroxine for a under active thyroid and asthma but my blood presure and other blood tests are all 'normal' my blood pressure went up after i had an op to remove half my thyroid but has been stable since x

hope this makes sense hope you feel better soon :flowers:
debbs
UKFM Member

Postby shellcake » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:05 pm

Thanks for the replies.
I am surprised so few of us have this as it seems to get attention in research.

Back at the hospt this Thurs and we'll see what they say.
I would rather not have a stroke! :yikes:
Remember you only have to live through each day once.
shellcake
UKFM Member

Postby mooch » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:05 am

yes I do have high blood pressure the last one taken was 193/90 but I was in a serious amount of pain. I used to have very low blood pressure. I do have a monitor here to test and an average is 180/80. I am overweight abour 4stone and often get told well if you could lose a bit of weight then it might help! Well if I could move freely I would be able to lose weight..I've to go back to my gp next week to have my blood checked and review my meds.
mooch
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems