One for the Ladies - Aunt Flo's visit.!

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

One for the Ladies - Aunt Flo's visit.!

Postby Bobbi08 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:36 pm

Me again

Now have sorted why I had such bad headache last night. My period arrived.. its getting earlier and earlier..I am a 28 day cycle girl and have been since I had my child 3/4 years ago.

I am not on any contraception as I can't take it (tried all the pills, injections, coils etc) nothing works and am really hypersensitive to them all

But over the last 3 months its getting shorter and shorter, more and more heavy and more painful. (have a smear and all ok there, had this while they were trying to find out what was wrong with me)

So is this down to the many wonderful things of Fibro??? do you other ladies suffer??? I do know my fatigue gets really bad so tonight I am curling up in bed with a KFC! and will be watching the X-Factor... :needhug:
Bobbi08
UKFM Member

Re: One for the Ladies - Aunt Flo's visit.!

Postby debbs » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:29 pm

hello Bobbi08 i haven't heard it called that before lol yea i suffer really bad cant walk sit sleep they get so worse when mother nature lands lol spoke to my gp a lady on and she gave me mefenamic acid they worked brilliant for me i take one 3 times a day for 3 days but she did say its not forced to work for me but lickily they did :flowers: for you
debbs
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:01 pm

Sorry cant help with this one, i had to have a hysterectomy, still get some symptoms though. :twisted:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:03 pm

I believe it can be connected to FM, as I've seen problems with periods mentioned in symptom lists. As you say just one more thing for us to look forward to with this blessed condition :yikes: :yikes: :evil: :wine: :wine:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby solsticedreamer » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:12 am

i had problems with my periods long before my fibro started~they bacame so heavy and painful i was throwing up, in agony and taking twelve tranexamic acid a day for five days a month just to stop flooding :(
i was diagnosed with fibroids then after an MRI was found to have adenomyosis for which i had all the major arties to my uterus blocked back in august~boy was i ill and lost a stone in a week :shock:

now i have a constant but very very light flow :? and i still get period pain/stabbing pains~the gyne told me to live with it until my next mri in the new year :(
m.e~fibro~diabetes~high cholesterol...still smiling!
http://solsticedreamer-woolblankets.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer
UKFM Member

Postby Bobbi08 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:18 pm

That sounds awful - I hope you can get sorted out quickly, can't believe you have to live with it for another year.

This morning I was really bad - all my symptoms are in my right side and this morning the period pain the pain in my hip and my lower back was was so so painful to the point it hurt to walk

This afternoon not too bad and the bleeding has more or less stopped, I only started yesterday and I am normally on for at least 5 days - my body is really confusing me now..

Now I and my doctor has had the letter from the consultant stating I have fibro I will make an appointment and see what she has to say as she has been fantastic so far..

Will also speak to her about my lower back and tailbone going numb and then when the feeling comes back trying to move is agony... oh the joys...

Thanks for all the advice ladies xxx
Bobbi08
UKFM Member

Postby kellyegg » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:33 pm

Hi, this is my first time posting/replying on here, so here goes....
I have pcos (polycystic ovary syndrome) which ive read/heard a few times, that many ppl with fm suffer with this too.
What you're describing here, sounds very similar to the type of symptoms i have with pcos. I bleed every day, which is annoying, but being in a long term relationship makes it a little better :) I get really bad mood swings allll the time, and like i already said i bleed most days, and at one point, had no period at all for two years! I had to use fertility drugs to concieve my first baby due to this. The pains are horrendous at times, although some male doctors will tell you ' you dont get pain with pcos' any woman who has pcos will tell you the opposite! Hope this helps...like i said, new to this, so i should imagine theres already a million posts with regards to pcos :s sorry if there is
kellyegg
UKFM Newbie

Postby tireesix » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:52 pm

I have PCOS and what you have said made me thinks of it as being a PCOS or hormone thing (although from what I can gather, fibro can affect cycles as well).

Pre kids I could go up to a year with no period and then when I had one, I could bleed for months, not always heavily, but it got to the point where I was quite anaemic.

After my first baby I ended up with an exact 6 week cycle. So, every 6th Sunday between 10am and 12pm (afternoon), I would start to bleed, after my second child it was every 5th friday between 3pm and 5 pm (I could tell I was pregnant if bleeding hadn't started within that time frame) and then due to the heaviness of periods and the other effects I had with them I decided to get sterilised and have the novasure procedure so I now can't get pregnant and I don't bleed at all now which is lovely.

I too was stupidly sensitive to ALL contraception including condoms etc because of the hormones, spermicides etc and the fact that I suffer from vestibulitis/vulvodynia. Every period my IBS got to horrific proportions with nausea etc. Pre-kids, I would often be sat in agony on the toilet not knowing whether to hang my head over it and puke or sit on it with the IBS. I told the gynae that while I know sterilisation and nova sure won't get rid of those symptoms, simply not having to deal with major blood loss each time would make my life a lot easier, so at the age of 28, I managed to get myself the op I wanted.

I would seriousy consider asking your doc for blood tests for PCOS, I think they just check out your testosterone levels and may do a scan to check for cysts on your ovaries. Oh, I also went through a point where I was having a period every 2-3 weeks. Thy were everywhere, it was only after having kids that things kinda became regular and shortened in length but the bleeding was ridiculous............
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Postby Bobbi08 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:50 pm

Thanks ladies for your replies.

Pre-children I was also bad and had been since a teenager, really really heavy periods, pain in my lower right side, and sitting on the toilet not knowing if I wanted to be sick or other end and my IBS always played up, I went for a scan when I was younger as my mother had ovarian cysts but nothing was found. I would pace around the house in agony until I literally collapsed in exhaustion....and my moods were terrible (they still are if I am being honest)!!

I have had 2 children and everything was settled until now. I went to see the doctor and she said hormones change as we get older but if things continue in this way I may go back and ask about PCOS, my belly is constantly bloated.

All my problems numbness, weakness etc has been in my right side and the lower pain is also in my right side... may have to get the left part of my body to have a chat with the other side and ask if it can give me a break?? :lol:
Bobbi08
UKFM Member

Postby neytiri » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:38 am

hiya
I was a 28 dayer to the hour lol
up untill 12 months ago
my fms really took hold then
now I am down to 20 ish days and its very short but heavy (2 days)

the pain is the worst ever and i cant control my temp at all
I end up spending the 2 days in bed cos I just cant fight it

my gp (hes wonderful) told me there is a link to fms and period trouble
neytiri
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems