Joints popping?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Joints popping?

Postby mooch » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:39 pm

Ok, I've had this for like forever. Worst offenders are my legs --->hip joint..they just pop and crack really loud and the pain oh my word just takes my breath away..I get this 'popping' in my arms, knees, wrists, ankles, neck you get the drift? oh and my jaw but I think I may have said that? :facepalm:

I'm going to mention this to my Dr on thurs. It's becoming more and more frequent now, well over ten times a day and man it hurts like crapping a hedgehog!

Anyone? :dunno:
mooch
UKFM Member

Re: Joints popping?

Postby denys » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:44 pm

Sorry mooch I cant help here, my joints pop and are really loud but it isnt anywhere near as bad as you are getting, :goodluck1: at the docs on Thursday :fingerscrossed: they can do something for you :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby mooch » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:49 pm

hmm well we'll see this has been happening for years 15 years roughly..but now it's every single day! and it makes hubby and my girls wince when they hear it..the stuff I've looked up on the web seems to point to hypermobility but it doesn't fit (muppet disclaimer alert not a DR) Other people have it, but no pain..apparently it's ok and considered normal but not with pain..something about the joints not aligned properly

thanks anyway, I'm off to bed now gang, love and hugs to you all x
mooch
UKFM Member

Postby debbs » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:55 pm

hi :wave: hi get this too sometimes it hurts so bad it makes me cry and when its my knees my OH has to help me move it feels like they dislocate x
debbs
UKFM Member

Postby cherryblossom » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:01 pm

Hi :wave: I get this too, especially in my hips and man, does it hurt! Also my jaw, especially in the morning and during the night. But no idea what it is, :dunno: sorry, not much help, but thinking of you anyway and hope you get some answers All the best Cherry :hugs:
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby mooch » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:53 am

oh good..well not good that you guys are suffering good that I am not alone..if you know what I mean. I'm beginning to feel like a hypocondriac (sp) x
mooch
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:47 pm

Hi Mooch we all feel that way sometimes but we aren't, it's just one thing after another :yikes: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Mossdweller » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:50 pm

It's very possible that you have a degree of hypermobility in your joints that's causing them to crack and pop and hurt. I have BJHS - which is hypermobility syndrome - I've had it all my life. It's what my Rheumatologist thinks the FM may have developed from. Tests are bit sketchy in this country but if you have a blood test which shows a raised RA factor that can indicate a connective tissue disorder, which is a signpost towards hypermobility. Best management is gentle exercise to strengthen the muscle tissue and pull the saggy tendons and ligaments together, but it's difficult to manage the exercise when you are in so much pain, it's a bit of a vicious circle.
Mossdweller
UKFM Member

Postby mooch » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:45 pm

Thats really interesting thank you..the worst areas are my hip --> leg socket they really crack and pop..it does feel like they've come out of the socket..my arms are back shoulder area..strangely enough my consultant thought when I was pregnant I had SPD symphysis pubis dysfunction as it was bad then..it felt like my legs had disconnected :yikes:

When I was young I was a gymnast and I could do the splits with ease I had a massive amount of flexibility..hmm before all of this I was a bit of a fitness freak in between having my children..now pfft!

Oh did I mention?? probably not

My blood sugars are all over the place so it looks like I may be developing diabetes. I have to have more tests..I'm in the higher risk because I developed Diabetes in all my four pregnancies and now I'm overweight...yar..joy!

x
mooch
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:22 pm

Hypermobility Syndrome sounds like a possibility - I know top docs like Dr Holman and Prof Grahame stress the importance of looking at a history of flexibility in patients with Fibro as we may get quite stiff now but have a background as gymnasts, etc.
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby Mossdweller » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:41 pm

It's worth discussing hypermobility with your GP, specially since you have a history of extreme flexibility. When I was a kid I was a gymnast too. I also skated and I was on the school athletics team as a high jumper and hurdler. I had to quit at age 14 when my knees started dislocating. I've always been very fit until two years ago when the pain became too much to manage. I was referred to a rheumatologist after blood tests showed a raised RA factor and it was him that suggested I have FM as a result of the hypermobility. It's early days for me as my GP is still trying to work out a successful drug management programme but I feel more reassured knowing that it's not all in my imagination.
Mossdweller
UKFM Member

Postby mooch » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:36 am

Yep, as a kid I was school swimming captain, in the Atheletics club, cross country runs and netball. I was very active. I'll be mentioning it to my gp and all the other stuff thanks.. x
mooch
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems