reynauds - what is and isnt

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

reynauds - what is and isnt

Postby velvet » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:38 am

just curiosity here. now the year is towards its end and temperatures are dropping again my hands and feet are doing their usual and getting cold.

they dont hurt (not more than the rest of me or ususal anyway lol) they dont change colour or anything but they do get cold when the rest of me is fine - and they are noticeably cold to other people. sometimes i get it so one limb is like ice and the other 3 are ok - or 2 are cold and the others arent, again detectable to anyone i ask to touch the limbs in question.

so anyway is this reynauds or not? i thought reynauds meant colour changes not just bits feeling cold when the rest of you was ok. i am curious cause once again i have other people commenting on it as being weird.
velvet
UKFM Regular

Re: reynauds - what is and isnt

Postby loubie » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:56 pm

hi velvet :hugs:
i get the same
i can have one foot red hot and the other freezing same with my hands
or red hot feet and freezing hands or other way
just thought it was me :yikes:
so if anyone knows, yer would be great, have been going to ask doc
but as usual, FORGET!! :facepalm:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:29 pm

Same here, just thought it was me, I'll ask next time I go!!! :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:29 pm

Hi Velvet
Hope you are ok, i was thinking i have not seen you around this morning. :shock: and here you are. :lol:

I hate it when the weather changes as it brings back another set of symptoms. I get cold feet and hands but mine will be both feet or both hands hot or cold.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby velvet » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:33 am

i am around - tending to do more reading than posting as cant think of anything to say - or rather think of something try to type it, read it find it makes no sense and i have got half way and forgotten what i was trying to say so i give up

perfectly normal there then :lol: :crazy:
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:43 pm

Hi Velvet just glad to have you back, dont try to make too much sense of your posts as we tend to figure out what you are trying to say anyway, cos none of us make perfect sense everytime (me especially!!!!) :hugs: :hugs: :wine: :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Edward » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:33 pm

Ever since I can remember I've suffered from ice-cold hands and to a lesser extent feet.

I find too that I'm as a whole, either very cold or boiling hot. I never seem to be in between. Sometimes I get so hot I find it quite scary. All the time though my hands will be freezing cold. It really is a most unpleasant combination.

My father similarly had icy hands perhaps worse than mine. My elder son suffers from the same so there may well be a genetic involvement.

As for it being Raynaud's Syndrome, I suspect it probably is but whenever I do see my GP there's never the time to talk about this with so many other things going on. It appears to be quite a common problem amongst us FM sufferers.
Edward
UKFM Member

Postby cherryblossom » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:26 pm

Hi there :wave: I get this too. My hands and feet get soooo cold they 'hurt' if that makes sense. And it will beany combination, not as a pair, and it's so painful sometimes. I thought I was imagining it, but other people have felt them and they're freezing! Glad it's not just me! :D Cherry
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby cassey » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:44 pm

Thats weird u all suffer cold hands and feet.me also makes me wonder how many fibro suffers experience the same. And if there is some sort of conection to what is going on with us. I dnt no not a doctor but would be intresting to no. If its a circulation prob that causes all our weird symptoms
cassey
UKFM Member

Postby libby63 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:33 pm

I also get cold hands and cold feet.. In fact I struggle to keep my body temperature at a steady level.. I am either one or the other. In cold weather or even if I am holding a cold drink my fingers go numb and tingly. I do think I have raynards but I need to see my gp when it is actually happening as she thinks I suffer with CTS maybe I have both I dont know.

Liz
libby63
UKFM Member

Postby m2kl » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:25 pm

I have Raynauds Syndrome as do my brother, my late father did, his sister and my grandma so its definately heireditary.

I am like some mentioned, i am either freezing cold or boiling hot, never an in-between. When i am cold however i am frozen! I shiver, shake and my lips turn blue.

My hands and feet get cold(usually cold even when i am hot) then they get freezing. They go a bluey colour, then i loose all the blood in the tips of my fingers and in my toes and they go a grey-white(colour of a dead body lol) colour and finally they go red and start stinging and tingling. The redness can come a long time after the white though, sometimes 20-30minutes of being back in the warm.

It obviously happens when i go out in the cold but it also happens when i grip things like a hair brush, steering wheel or get out of the bath! It has happened all summer especially whilst i am driving or drying my hair ect.

I dont know if you have it but thought i would tell you what its like for me :D
m2kl
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:02 pm

I have the temperature thing in my hands and feet as well. Either hot or cold, nothing in the middle, as well as the tingling and numbness, then a feeling like hotaches. Don't have the one cold others warm thing tho, it's the same in all of them each time. Have the broken body temperature thermostat as well, either boiling or freezing, never in the middle. Can't make any sense of it :dunno: :dunno: :facepalm: :facepalm:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems