leg pain

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

leg pain

Postby judith » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:11 pm

For the last week I have been experiencing extreme pain in both legs, the pain runs down the outside of my knees and shins from my hip, worse on the left side, but both legs, knees and feet hurt. It got so bad I had to go to the GP. He could offer nothing more that just painkillers. Today I woke up and got out of bed and could not put any weight on to my left leg without excrutiaitng pain. I am reduce to leaning on the furniture to move around. Have taken usual meds, including paracetamol, diclfenac and rubbing my leg with arnica.

It is my daughter's engagement party tomorrow and I am dreading having to stand (!!) and chat to her fiance's family and our friends whilst in dire agony. Has anyone else experienced this and if so how did they deal with it? :( Am begining to feel slightly panicky that this is the portent for my future and at 58 and a very busy lady this is not good!!
judith
UKFM Member

Re: leg pain

Postby solsticedreamer » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:16 pm

hi judith

sorry you are having such pain and have the party to face :hugs:

i have been having this pain for over a year although of course it will change from day to day but never really goes away.

i have been having bad pain in my hips, legs, and feet~i could have cried with it on thursday. i could barely walk and sitting made me so stiff it made it worse when i had to stand and walk. my ankles felt like they would shatter and the soles of my feet were burning so badly.
m.e~fibro~diabetes~high cholesterol...still smiling!
http://solsticedreamer-woolblankets.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:58 pm

Hi Judith yes I have this and it has really affected my mobility. I usually try heat, hot water bottles (small ones) placed under my knees and around my hip and on my shins. it doesent take the pain away completely but it does ease it for a while. I'm 50 but move as though I'm in my 90's and am waiting for the OT department to come out to the house. :goodluck2: with your daughters party and :fingerscrossed: you will manage to mingle with the guests without too much pain :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Woodentop » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:16 pm

Hi Judith,
I have really bad pain in my right leg particularly. It runs right up into my hip and round into my back and it doesn't matter whether I'm sitting or standing it won't go away. For the last few nights I've woken up in agony several times in the night and don't know where to put myself. I've always resisted stronger painkillers as I have such bad reactions to a lot of meds, but I think I might have to see the doc. I am close in age to you (56) and often wonder what I will be like as I get older. I was diagnosed 7 years ago and don't always cope with fibro now as well as I used to.
Oh well, just have to focus on the positive things - I know there are some, they're just not always obvious when you're in pain!
Woodentop
UKFM Member

Postby judith » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:15 pm

have now had further diagnosis of meralgia parasthetica from my gp which is buring pain from the Greek which is very apt. Am having a referral to pain management consultant so fingers crossed. Has anyone else had this experience? btw the engagement party was great, sat on a bar stool and held court and drank champagne :wine:
judith
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:54 pm

Glad you had a good time :woot: :woot: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:28 am

hi judith
so glad your party went well, we do get ourselves in a right state don't we :yikes:
and nearly always we do manage, and enjoy. :D
i have got up this morning with terrible pain in my legs, have always got pain in them but
this is soooo much worse :(
the pain in the left top back muscle is hell :evil:

i have been holding on to the furniture as well this morning, think i will
now go back up to bed to see if i can ease it, i will put some gel rub on
if i can :yikes:

hope yours have calmed down now :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems