swollen uvela - should i worry

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

swollen uvela - should i worry

Postby velvet » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:47 pm

woke up this morning with a sore dry throat and the sensation of something stuck - if i talk it sets off my gag reflex. looked in the mirror and my uvela is very swollen (the little bit that dangles down from the roof of the mouth at the back)

anyone else had this - is it important.

i dont want to go chasing to the docs with something minor but the feeling of constantly wanting to gag is unpleasant to say the least - and if there is a quick treatment i would rather get it sorted sooner than later
velvet
UKFM Regular

Re: swollen uvela - should i worry

Postby denys » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:52 pm

Hi Velvet a few people have said they are suffering with something similar including me, but nothing gets swollen, sounds like tonsillitis to me (may be wrong here) so I would get it checked out by the doc :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby velvet » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:57 pm

yeah - every time i try to talk i gag like i am about to puke :( sorry for being blunt but it is very nasty
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:00 pm

Doesnt sound good at all, dont think you'd be going to the docs with something or nothing sounds like you might need some antibiotics :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems