Carpel Tunnel Syndrom

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Carpel Tunnel Syndrom

Postby libby63 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:39 pm

I have CTS doc says I can have injections if they dont work then an op.. I am very sceptical about both having had all that done to and on my back. I panic at the thought of an op as my last one was a disaster and I ended up having bloodtransfusion and a clot and I felt all bar one of the injections I indured on my back was a waste of time and money. I know someone who has been through both and its not worked now just been put down to fibro blah blah blah..

I have numb fingers most of the time and drop lots of thing... What to do that is the question.

Liz x
libby63
UKFM Member

Re: Carpel Tunnel Syndrom

Postby budda » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:49 am

Sorry Liz, cant tell you what to do, only you can say if you want to go throw this op, If it was ME, I would think is it that bad that I have to do this,or can I learn to deal with the pain I have, sorry i cant help you with this Liz, is there someone in your family that you can speak to this about, or speak to your GP and tell them your fears, :goodluck1: with what ever you chose to do. :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby loubie » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:14 am

hi liz :wave:

if they are that bad, i would be thinking try anything that mite work
just because it didn't work for one,don't mean it wont work for you
but that's just my opinion.
you will work out the right way for you to go
good luck with any decision you make :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby lizbeth1 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:03 pm

I had bi-lateral carpal tunnel about 2 years ago now.
I had to have the worse one dealt with first which was my left one then while that one was healing had to teach my self to write with the healing hand so that when the other one was operated on it would not to to bad. My right hand ,my tigger finger and my ulma nearve 9elbow ) had to be done at the same time.
The down side to having to wait for each opersation was that the nerves were damaged due to the extent of the wait.
I have now been left with raynaulds and I drop alot of things on a daily basis.
But the pain , tingling, and burning pain went striaght away.
lizbeth1
UKFM Member

Postby sylviaesmith » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:26 pm

Hi Liz, I cannot decide for you but have had both left and right hand operated for Carpel Tunnell and as lizbeth said the relief from the pain and the tingling was felt immediately, I too suffered nerve damage due to the wait, but have never wished I hadn't had them done.

I do get numb and tingly hands and feet due to the fibro, but that for me is nothing like as painful as my carpul tunnel used to be.

Hope you dont find it too difficult to make a decision.
sylviaesmith
UKFM Member

Postby lizbeth1 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:29 am

For me it was not a question of if it was a question of wen!!
lizbeth1
UKFM Member

Postby Milosmum21 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:27 pm

Have had both my wrists operated on the just over a year ago & carpal tunnel is back seemingly not always successful?
If you cant eat it or play with it just pee on it and walk away
Milosmum21
UKFM Member

Postby lizbeth1 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:56 am

Yes I suppose for me its the same but i dont get the bruning pain like it did beofre.
It has left me with a deferent weakness and I ve been left with Raynauld too.
lizbeth1
UKFM Member

Postby LashingsOfGingerBeer » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:54 pm

Hi there, I can understand your concerns and worries and only you can decide what is best for you. I had my op on both my wrists (at separate times) about three years ago and never looked back. Yes, I still get a little tingling now and then; but nothing compared to what it was like before the op. My left hand would just go completely dead and it took ages to get it back to normal. Yes there is a little discomfort after the op, but it is worthwhile in the long run. I hope you are able to make a decision soon.

All the best

Carole Q x
LashingsOfGingerBeer
UKFM Newbie

Postby ouchisme » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:00 pm

Can some1 plz explain 2 me wat 'raynauld' is? :dunno:
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:34 am

Its when you have permanantley cold extremities, your hands or/and feet go a really awful colour and you cant warm them up. :wave: someone will probably have a better explanation soon :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby smiler22 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:20 pm

i have just recently had cts operated on and had the shoulder bone shaved and cleared out etc. yes it is painful for around four months or it is for me. but i have complex rare problems with my arms. i am one of only two with my problems in my county so anything i have done is a mystery as nbobody has had it done on arms like mine at my age.
complicated very. i have had eight ops some serious on arms and have been awake for all. as others have said if you feel you cant live with the pain then have it done. it cant be any worse than it is now?????? good luck.
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby lizbeth1 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:25 pm

Could you explain what you mean by problems with your arms as I do too have problems with my arms ?
lizbeth1
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems