Numbness in Hands at Night

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Numbness in Hands at Night

Postby Poohbear123 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:00 pm

Hello all
Has anyone got any tips for numbness of the hands at night. its driving me mad at the moment, :crazy: It is probably Carpel Tunnel but I just need something or do something so it does not wake me up. My hands especial my left hand gets so numb I can't feel anything. DO splits work at night or do they just get in the way? I am newbie to this so excuse my ignorance.

Lots of soft hugs to all
:grouphug:
Poohbear
Poohbear123
UKFM Member

Re: Numbness in Hands at Night

Postby Bobbi08 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:23 pm

Hi there

Yes numb hands and feet, get it especially bad if I lie on my back. Right side seems to be worse, also get numb knees!!!! which is a weird sensation!!

It does wake me up, sorry I am new to all this as well so can't offer any help with it, the only thing I do is shake them until it comes back which isn't much help when it wakes you up and sleep is very precious to FM's when they get it...

Hopefully someone will come along and help you better than I can xxxx

Big :hugs: Poohbear xxx
Bobbi08
UKFM Member

Re: Numbness in Hands at Night

Postby animalhouse » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:17 am

i wear support bandages on wrists/hands most of time and occasionally change to splits if really painful..

had physio but didnt't help much with baby sonar/radar fingy forgot what called.#

i just massage my wrists at joints (if you can imagine all thoser little bones in there) or prod them about and try and pull them and hopefulll rel;ease something. especially under my littl efingers/ outer wrists.

got heat packs from pound shop and thye are small so can slide into support bandages i wear .they also help my painful achy knuckles joings.
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems