depression official

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

depression official

Postby Elsbeth » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:56 pm

Hey all

As some of you know I have been struggling the last few weeks. It all came to a head over the weekend when I was barely able to speak to anyone.

I decided to bite the bullet and go speak to my doctor again. I explained how badly I was feeling and he made the choice to put me on AD's. I am on Sertraline, which I had never heard of. It seems it is quite strong.

I also explained to him that I am not comfortable with the Stress and Mood management courses as going is pure freaking me out and he said I could stop going but I had to make an appointment with my Mental Health Nurse ASAP.

I aslo spoke to him about changing my meds as I am unhappy with the 2 stone I have gained since going on Gaba's and he has agreed to change my to Pregablin but not till I have done a month on the AD's to make sure I am ok on them.
Elsbeth
UKFM Member

Re: depression official

Postby loubie » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:17 pm

aw Elsbeth you are going through it
hope the new med works and you are feeling
better soon :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:33 pm

Glad you were able to get to see your GP, Elsbeth, I always find that step so difficult to take. Hopefully things will help you stop slipping too far down into the blackness :hugs: :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby budda » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:07 am

So sorry to hear this Elsbeth :hugs: ,hope things pick up for you soon :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby fabme » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:56 pm

Hi

sorry your having it rough :( I hope the antid's take effect soon and not knocking you out too much :yikes:

Fab
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:56 pm

Hi Elspeth, glad you made the move, I'm sure the AD's will help and then things might get back onto an even keel for you. Keep remembering baby steps, dont try to rush things sending you loads of :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: and some :flowers: to cheer you up :hugs: :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:20 pm

I am glad you are having a change of meds Elsbeth, hope the new ones kick in quickly for you. :goodluck1: :hugs: :blowkiss:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Elsbeth » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:29 am

Got a month b4 I get the new Fibro meds mate.
Elsbeth
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:52 am

:fingerscrossed: for you elsbeth.
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby SezzaH » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:36 pm

Hello everyone... I hope no one will mind me saying afew things about depression I didnt want to start anew topic as its about the same subject....

I suffer with depression and have done for a lot of years... I think this is fibro related???? I know most of my fibro-friend also suffer with this.... I think its a taboo subject and I think it is something we should talk about ...
I am on meds for my depression and i also go to local group called m.i.n.d ..... I am more than happy to talk about this subject if other want to,,
Take care......x
FIBRO WHAT!!!
SezzaH
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:00 am

Hi Sezzah, if you want to talk about depression, you go ahead if that is what you are feeling, am sure most of us will listen and join in on the conversation, I get down as well at times, for ME, i try and take one day at a time and the forum is a great help for ME, because the friends on here know what we are going throw, there is always someone who will listen, hope to speak again, and you take good care. :hugs: and :flowers:.
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby SezzaH » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:08 am

Hello Budda....... Thank you for the repply... :D
I do think talking about depression is a great help to everyone.. Like you say the really good thing about this site is we all know how we feel... Its nice to know that...xx
FIBRO WHAT!!!
SezzaH
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:00 am

I go through bouts of depression, it`s strange as i can feel myself slipping but cant pull myself out of it.
My body has been through so much trauma over the last 10yrs and now my life has been turned upside down with this disabling illness and i am still trying to fight other health problems its so much to take in.

The pain, fatigue, sleep all adds up, sitting staring at the four walls becomes part of your daily living, its your safe haven.
Only someone with depression can can really understand what depression really is, you thoughts, your actions, the deep black hole.
People can comfort you with words but only you can drag yourself out of it.(in my case)
Big :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: for everyone affected by depression. :flowers:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems