severe shaking

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

severe shaking

Postby thebryans » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:14 pm

Hi to eve ryone,
Does anyone here suffer from severe bouts of the shakes, Over the last few months I had suffered with several episodes where I cant stop my hands shaking so bad that I have to use a spoon to eat, as i cant hold a knife and fork as spill all the food off before i can eat it, and I only dare have half a cup of tea etc else get it everywhere,
It makes me feel so ashamed and stupid, But its getting as I cant eat or drink in a cafe etc.
I did mention it a few months ago to physio but they brushed it off, and said they cant help me,
One of my friends who has a sister with ms says thats how she started,

If anyone can shed any light on this, Before I go to the pain clinic next week.

lots of soft hugs to all xx
thebryans
UKFM Member

Re: severe shaking

Postby denys » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:25 pm

Hi I have a severe shake in my left hand which is noticable and highly embarrasing for the same reasons you gave, I also shake in other limbs which can be difficult when upright :yikes: :yikes: I now only have takeout cups in the cafe as they are lighter and as they have a lid on I'm less likely to spill it (as I have done a lot in the past) Mention it at your pain clinic, I was sent for an MRI scan but it came back clear and put down to my FM :roll: :snowman1: :snowman1: :xmastree1: :xmaswave1:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby thebryans » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:37 pm

Thanks for the reply.
Seems they put everything down to fibro, But I am going to ask for a second opinion when I go to the hospital pain centre, as besides the shakes I have really bad pain in my right hip 24/7
So I am not going to let them fob me off, I worked in the disabled care industry for many years, and know how people can be treated, Luckily my job helped those people who needed help to get what they needed,
many thanks
Loraine xx :grouphug:
thebryans
UKFM Member

Postby stephanini » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:26 pm

I get the skakes from time to time, ranging from a slight tingley shake, to a full on vibration where like you i cant use a fork

ive always put it down to my steroids, but it seems it could be a sign of FM :|
stephanini
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:08 pm

Good for you Loraine, :fingerscrossed: you get the answers you need :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:32 am

yes can be very shaky some days
my legs are bad when walking down the stairs.
my whole body can shake at times too but it goes off
after a while.
i haven't got a permanent shake though mine do come an go
:blowkiss:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby thebryans » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:53 am

I have for a while had a slight shake in my legs which makes me wobble a lot, ( I look like a weeble. I wobble and fall down lol )

But this in my hands and arms has gotten worse over the last 3 /4 months to the point that its happened 3 times in the last 2 weeks, and has lasted for at least 5hours,

I have been checked for diabetes and thyroid, but apart from that it was really the rhuemy that said it was fibro and oesteoarthritis, I had 17 out of the 18 trigger pressure points,

But have never had an MRI or Scan, just bood tests,

This combined with not going thro the door for last 3weeks is driving me daft, and this makes my depression worse,

One good thing is we are moving house next week and will then have an extra wc downstairs, which will be great, Got to say my hubby is an absolute gem, he has done all the packing etc and always gives me 110% support.

Sorry for waffling on,
love 2 all. :grouphug:
Loraine
thebryans
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:16 am

hi Loraine :wave:

you should go back an talk to your gp as it is worrying you
and we all know that worry an fibro don't mix :yikes:

you do have a lot on your plate at the min with the move too
so this may not be helping, even though your OH is doing all he can
moving is so so stressful.

i would talk to gp if i were you :hugs: :hugs:

all the best with the move :blowkiss:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:22 am

My hands dont shake as much as they used to as i have cut down on meds, i always put it down to side effects from the meds.
I was on 23 pills a day and i used to shake really bad, steroids used to make me shake more as well.
Have a read on the info sheet of you meds to see what they list as side effects. :hugs:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems