teeth and gums....

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

teeth and gums....

Postby SezzaH » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:28 pm

Hello all...Since the fibro kicked in Ive had so much trouble with my mouth ... I get painful gums... I have had to have alot of my teeth out and now wear false ones.... I dont like it and I do only wear them when I have to... But I do get a lot of problems with my teeth and gums just wondering if anyone else does??? Take care..x
FIBRO WHAT!!!
SezzaH
UKFM Member

Re: teeth and gums....

Postby budda » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:40 pm

Sorry to hear you are having problems, I to get sore gums, but if they are still sore you should go and speak to your dentist or GP, maybe there is something that they can give you, hope one of them can help you :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:43 pm

I don't have problems with my teeth or gums, but have a lot of aches in my jaw. This has been put down to FM by both GP and dentist. As budda has said, if they're still causing problems, might be worth having them checked again :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby SezzaH » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:49 pm

hello .... thank you both for your replies... ( my laptop is playing up big time so pls 4give my sticky keys!)
I do see my denist alot and she says its down to my fibro... naroigar (i cant spell it lol) thats what the doctor calls it...
I do feel that doctors and dentist etc are all to keen to blame the fibro for things .... x
FIBRO WHAT!!!
SezzaH
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:16 am

hi :xmaswave1:
yes have very painful and sensitive teeth

i can get it so bad i sit near to tears with it :cry:
it is the fibro because it only lasts about half hour
then it will move usually to the other side or will
just go.
if it didn't go away i would see the dentist
but i know its the fibro.
can have sore gums but its mainly my teeth.

not nice is it :blowkiss:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby SezzaH » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:00 am

bless you it is painful isnt it .... I sometimes have to drink throw a straw... I carry straws around with me now... I am so sorry you have this problem but at the same time I am pleased I am not alone.. sorry that sounds bad...xx..
It is painfull......xx
Take care.......x
FIBRO WHAT!!!
SezzaH
UKFM Member

Postby Nic-nac » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:59 pm

I too get problems with my gums, tongue and inside of my cheeks. At times it is so bad I cant even face drinking a cup of tea thats when I know is really bad coz normally I drink way too much of the stuff. My tongue goes bright red and feels like a burning sensation and swollen. I end up biting it then which makes it worse a vicious cycle. I can be like that for a couple of weeks at a time, its been so bad that I only reaslise its stopped when it starts up again if that makes sense. So atleast you know your not alone x
Nic-nac
UKFM Member

Postby carolnotts » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:29 pm

Hi there i lost all of my top teeth long before i was diagnosed with Fibro and have only recently found out that it was because of my fibro xx
carolnotts
UKFM Member

Postby coral » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:52 pm

Hi there all. Think I'm in the middle of a flare up which I could do without this time of year. My tongue is killing me, pain every day. GP gave me a mouthwash but it doesn't help at all. Feels like its been burnt and really dry all the time. Noticed these last 3 days that I've also got sores inside my bottom lip, inside left cheek and top upper right gum. Chewing sugar free gum does kind of help with the tongue and dry mouth. Just feel so so so tired today. Sat in work and I could quite cheerfully lie down and go to sleep.
coral
UKFM Member

Postby fabme » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:21 pm

I have a lot of pain in my jaw and teeth along with sensative teeth and was recently diagnosed with TMJ as she could see my teeth are waring down due to grinding my teeth which is part of the problem. I now have to wear a gum shield at night to cut down the grinding and release tension in the jaw.

So for you that suffer it may be worth mentioning it to your dentist when you see them, as TMJ is usually diagnosed by dentist :shock:

Fab
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
fabme
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems