costochondritis

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

costochondritis

Postby carolnotts » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:36 pm

hi i also have costochondritis does anyone else suffer from this?? i was only at my gp last week because i was suffering what i could only describe as a throbbing pain on my breastbone and she said it was just my costo playing up a new pain to me though and it was frightening xx
carolnotts
UKFM Member

Re: costochondritis

Postby denys » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:43 pm

yes I have it plus lots of others on here, it's another horrible pain and I agree the first couple of times it happens can be really frightening :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:11 pm

I get the symptoms but never had it dx by my GP, i have told him i have lots of pain and he listened and felt around the area but said it could be a pulled muscle, but it keeps coming back, it can last over a week each time i get it. :dunno: :facepalm: I am sure its costo, next time i get it i will go back and ask if it could be costo. :roll:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Nic-nac » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:18 pm

Yeap another one I also get. First few times was quite scary, Ive been lucky though that so far its only ever lasted a few days. :hugs:
Nic-nac
UKFM Member

Postby libby63 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:01 pm

Yep I have had it on and off for 26 years now which makes me think I have had this illness a lot longer than first thought. I thought I was having a heart attack the first time but I am just used to it now.

Liz x
libby63
UKFM Member

Postby carolnotts » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:26 pm

I would go and get it dx properly Shaz at least then you will know xx

Yep Liz i was in and out of A&E 4 times because i thought i was having a heart attack and they kept sending me home with every excuse they could think of it was my gp herself who diagnosed me with costo it is scary she says that when i am not having pains related to costo in my chest it will be fibro pains i am having catch 22 really then xx
carolnotts
UKFM Member

Postby fabme » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:01 pm

A friend of mine suffers from this, and she was diagnosed with this before being diagnosed with fibro :( and says it can be very painful

fab
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby Ellen Tracey » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:05 am

Hi there,

yes i too suffer from this and its awful! I currently have pain in my ribs and back :( my neck has eased a little (thank goodness) I dont think this extreme weather is helping and i swear that even if i closed the curtains and kept the house constantly warm, my body would still know what it was doing outside :roll:

I am going to the gp after xmas to see about pain clinic as i feel the pain is now controlling me instead of me controlling the pain :x

I do sympathise, all i seem to do is moan and im finding xmas pretty tough going this year, although i dont go overboard even the hype seems to make me feel worse!

Wishing you a very peaceful and comfortable Christmas x
:snowman1:
Ellen Tracey
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:46 am

Ellen Tracy, I can totally sympathise with you, weather,Christmas, noise etc. all seem to be horrendous at the moment and it will all be over so quickly yet leave us all totally drained afterwards. :wine: :wine: :wine: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby tonydin » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:07 am

hi all i am amazed how this condition is so much the same with everybody ,, 5 visits to a&e with chest pain all put down to chest wall pain (costo) but no explanation at the times ,which did not help the panic that came with it.

all this over the past 15 years because of had back pian for years i could not connect the chest pain with other pains i got.
i looked up non cardiac chest pain on net and thats the first time 10 years ago ifound out the name fibromyalgia.

i asked doc and rummys about fm but they dissmissed it out of hand , but gave no other explanation now scince lots of other pains and problems they cant give answers for they are i belive close to confirming fibro , the chest pains still come and go and i struggle not to push the panic button sometimes , but manage to resist it
so yes they can be some of the first signs of fibro vry painfull very frightning.

the commanality of all these symptomes amongst people with fibro puts it beyond dought in my mind that its a condition that must have a specific cause and eventualy treatment , guss we should all be in a exam room at the same time , then they would have no dought
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby carolina » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:20 pm

Hi ive had costo for about 9 years and the pain is really painful i have had flares for couple of months at a time i ant even wear a bra when i get it comes and goes . :hugs:
carolina
UKFM Member

Postby *rach* » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:59 pm

Could I just ask, what type of pain you experience with costo?

Recently ive been having shooting type pains in the centre of my chest, similar to really bad indigestion, I'm also getting a pain under my ribs which I can only describe as being like when I was pregnant and the babies feet were up by my ribs.

I hope this makes sense!

xx
*rach*
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:09 am

Hi rach, i get tight pains in the centre of my chest, and get the pains under my ribs, I have IBS and GP told ME thats what is causing the pain, but EVERYONE is different, never put any pain down to FM,, always go and get it checked by your GP. :hugs: :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems