Polymyalgia

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Polymyalgia

Postby wanda » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:01 pm

I have had fm for 2 years now which is getting much worse. Being diagnosed with polymyalgia too. My old auntie has this and has been prescribed steriods as you can develop GCA Giant cell arteris, which can effect your sight. I have been given anything as yet, (i am highly sensitive to most drugs so have to grin and bear it) i collapsed last week and they even took the gas and air off me as i was turning blue and stiff whith too much oxygen in my blood. Anyway i dont really want to go on steriods but should i mention this to my doctor or will she bang on about the same old crap that makes me not want to ever go.

:roll:
wanda
UKFM Member

Re: Polymyalgia

Postby shazq » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:18 pm

Hi
Sorry to hear you collapsed, hope you are feeling better now. :hugs:
I would tell your GP everything, i have been on/off steroids for yrs and hate them to so understand why you dont want to go on them but its best to keep your GP up to date with all your health problems. :goodluck1: :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:52 pm

Hi Wanda, I agree with Shaz its always better to be up front and keep them up to date with everything thas going on. If you are finding things hard with your current doc, is there any others in your surgery who would be more understanding or any other surgeries in your area with a fibro friendly doc?? :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby stephanini » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:06 pm

sorry youve been having a bad time

i am on a high doseof steroids, and i hate them, they make me hold water, bloat, aggrivate my sleep,cause problems with mmy hair as well as other things...BUT i have to tell myself that with out the steroids my life would not be worth living...there the only things that keep me alive at the minute, so im grateful that i take them now
stephanini
UKFM Member

Postby wanda » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:04 pm

thanks for the replies, the steriods i would worry about the side effects as i do get extreme effects and have been told to carry a card with allergies to meds written down, does anyone else get fed up going to the docs with another sympton. If i get a new sympton i wont go for months until it gets unbearable and yet you are still treated as a hypocondriach - i am not there for the meds as i dont tolerate them. why do we get made to feel this way. Is is just me
wanda
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:26 pm

I am the same Wanda, hate keep going back to the GP but there always seems to be something wrong with me, i only have one GP in our surgery and often wonder what he must think when he calls my name but he is a great GP and never rushes me as he does know i am not faking it. Got to call again tomorrow as my crohns has flared up now and getting migraines back again so that will be another visit in the week. oh well what can we do. :dunno: :facepalm:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby janderhip » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:23 pm

I have been diagnosed with Polymyalgia in the last few months, trying to get stabilised with steroids and just posted about whether you can have FM as well . Reading your post has answered my question. Unfortunately my husband has had FM for 20 years now and the range of symptoms is huge and our daughter was diagnosed 6 years ago but struggled through 4 years of university before that. They both have good GPs that are undersanding and helpful and recognise FM. Until you get a similar illness/situation ,people do not recognise what pain/problems that affect everyday life.
janderhip
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems