working out what ISN'T fibro

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

working out what ISN'T fibro

Postby Adele » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:59 am

i've been feeling under the weather more than usual for a couple of weeks. severe night sweats and feeling fluey. i finally engaged my brain today and mentioned it to the doctor and found out i have a chest infection. :( i don't get a cough even if i have pneumonia so it can be hard to tell.

it's so easy to just blame the fibro for everything. poor fibro. :tongueout:

adele xx
Adele
UKFM Member

Re: working out what ISN'T fibro

Postby denys » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:57 pm

It is a problem Adele and that is why any new symptoms or as in your case just a general worse off feeling should get checked, glad you got sorted and hope you feel better soon :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby fabme » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:50 pm

Hi Adele

I also have a chronic lung condition as well as fibro, so i get frequent chest infections. it sounds like you have the bug that i get regularly called heamophalis influenza, one of the main symptoms is feeling like you have flue with all the aches and pains. This makes it really hard to distinguish from the fibro and as you rightly said we shouldn't always blame it on fibro :D
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby Adele » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:03 pm

thanks fabme,

it does looks very possible. back to the doctors on wednesday so will see what he thinks.

my doc says i am immunosuppressed. is this part of fibro, m.e. or something else??????

:hugs: and :blowkiss: to everyone, adele xx
Adele
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems