M.E, and myalgia

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

M.E, and myalgia

Postby princess » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:51 pm

I have been ill since 95.
I was working well and doing aerobics and working part time when i was hit with some kind of virus.
It put me off my feet for weeks, although we never found out what the virus was.
Then after i saw the Rhumi consultant it was a relapse of Viral Polio i had when 7.
So i have ME and myalgia - or fibromyalgia if you want to call it that.
No matter what i experience the same as most of you.
As you know i was in hospital at last and had my kink and appendix out - i have done really well the last two weeks and then i went to a friends house for the afternoon - it was freezing.
So what happened i relapsed again - so i m back to out of hospital doing nothing!!!! and i mean that.
Heavy arms and legs - exhausing trying to have ashower.
im in my clothes by choice, but i could just sit about in my PJS.
Ive given up wondering if next year this will leave me, as since 95 it hasnt gone.
But you know i have a much different life now, and its not too bad - apart from the pain i get meds for like yourself.
So we have a different life now and we just have to get on with it eh
so anyone else with ME?? here
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Re: M.E, and myalgia

Postby hamstergirl » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:04 pm

Hi princess

Hope your recovery is going well

I was diagnosed with CFS before fibre, which I believe is the same condition. I find the fatigue and heavy concrete legs far worse than the pain cos there's no pills that you can take to help.

I hate this life and still find it hard to accept this is my life for the rest of my life but what keeps me going is that it's not life threatening and can still enjoy being with my children.

But one thing I've got out of this is I'm a better person, have so much more understanding of invisible illnesses

Take care

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby fabme » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:08 pm

i have cfs as well as fibro and like hamster girl hate the concrete legs and basically the fact that you can do nothing about it, there's no pill to make it go away like there is for the pain. I also hate the way it's transformed my life so much.

I hope your doing ok princess in your recovery :D

fab
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:41 am

Hi all, I have only been diagnosed with FM but like you I get such horrible bouts of sheer exhaustion where I can barely move and have the heavy achy arms and legs so I dont know, my GP says that CFS/ME is the opposite end of the spectrum to FM and that it just depends what hits hardest.

But whatever I'm beginning to accept my life and am starting to look for the things I can do rather than the things I used to be able to do. I've taken up card making and joined a card making forum and am enjoying it immensly.

Its something I probably would have been to busy to do in my previous life, but I've made some money for charity and that has helped me feel a little worth while again. Nice feeling and one that I want to keep feeling :hugs: :hugs: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems