Migraines

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Migraines

Postby tjt » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:24 pm

We're only three days into January and I have already had 2 very painful migraines and one aura which has not developed (though sometimes does the next day). Great way to start the year, but par for the course for me these days. After the menopause these migraines seemed to diminish greatly and I was so happy! But here now I am 66 and they are back with a vengeance. Gradual worsening of other fibro symptoms too, even needing a wheelchair sometimes now. Happy days...

STILL; I wish the happiest possible (in the circumstances) New Year to you all. I know I will have a happy one, in spite of fibro and polyarthritis/ RA, because I have the most marvellous OH whose support and understanding is seemingly limitless. So I have to be really a very lucky person to have him.
tjt
UKFM Member

Re: Migraines

Postby budda » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:56 pm

Hi tjt, I to suffer from migrains, had them when i was younger, then went throw the menopause, I am now 52 and still get them, not as much as i did,I take two strong pain killers and a hot water bottel with cover on it, and go to my room and make it as dark as i can, does not take the pain away but helps dull it down, i can also be physicaly sick with the migraine, hope you are feeling better soon :hugs: I to have a wonderful OH, yes WE are very lucky.
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby tjt » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:13 am

Another day, another migraine. Waking up to (yet another) pounding headache kind of makes the heart sink.
Oh well. Soldier on. And on. And on,,,
tjt
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:36 pm

Hi
I am another migraine sufferer, i have tried so many different meds but nothing works, this recent med that the neuro doc put me on is called Topiramate, they have reduced the migraines to slight headaches which i can live with.

I have had a migraine for 4 days running so looks like the dose will have to be increased but these are the only ones that have done anything for me.

The neuro doc told me mine were due to being on high painkillers one being Oxycontin so i had to wean off them but i had been getting migraines way before i started them. :dunno: :facepalm:

Not sure what meds you are on but it could be due to side effects from them? Have you seen your GP about them as they can give you stronger meds.
Hope you get them sorted soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Nellyphant » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:48 pm

I suffered my first migraine at the age of 7. Used to get them badly and frequently. In April 2010 I had a mirena coil fitten and I've only had 2 full blown migraines since! So I totally feel your pain and I'm praying mine don't return, just yet anyway. :hugs:
Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:07 am

Hope you are feeling better in the morning, soft :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby Bobbi08 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:47 pm

Hi everyone and happy new year and big hugs to allxxx

Last night my vision went completely loopy and in one eye I had a kalidescope of bright patterns in my eye, this lasted for about 10mins and then went and I had a throbbing head on one side and today it seems worse even when I bend my head down???

Is this a migraine, I have never ever had one before and was a little scary if I am being honest...????? Weaned of my ami at the moment due to having fatigue hit me big time so don't really need the extra help sleeping that's been a month since I have had any so can't be any meds I am taking.

I have been really rough since New Years Eve, itchy flaky painful scalp to the point I can't brush my hair it hurts, fatigue, painful tailbone which is making my bum numb and my right foot is so painful to lift I keep noticing that I am dragging it...

A little trip to the doctors I think..... :(

Bobbi x
Bobbi08
UKFM Member

Postby tjt » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:44 pm

Bobbi, your symptoms sure sound like migraine but your GP is better qualified than I am to make a diagnosis. I've had migraine since the age of 9 and in those days it was thought children didn't suffer from migraine so they were labelled 'bilious attacks'! They run in my family and both my daughters get them. There are some helpful medications called triptans, ask your GP about them if the diagnosis is migraine. Best wishes, Julie
tjt
UKFM Member

Postby Bobbi08 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:58 pm

Thanks Julie for your reply, will be making an appointment today, still feel pretty fuzzy now and have taken more painkillers..

big hugs

Bobbi x
Bobbi08
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems