Panic Attack!!

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Panic Attack!!

Postby carolnotts » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:36 am

I just had a huge panic attack when walking the kids to school and i still can't come out of it. I couldn't even walk them to the school gate like i normally would but rather than worry them i told them i had to hurry back because i needed the toilet. My legs are still all going and it has made my costo a lot worse :( I haven't slept properly for two nights so think that may have something to do with it :( xx
carolnotts
UKFM Member

Re: Panic Attack!!

Postby Adele » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:06 pm

i am calm and relaxed. tell yourself that out load repeatedly, calmly and slowly. you hyperventilate during an attack so concentrate on slow steady deep breaths. breathing into a paperbag will help the over breathing. don't be embarrassed to call a friend for reassurance. i find them very scary. it is very common andou find feel better very soon

all my love, adele xx :hugs: :hugs:
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:05 pm

I to suffer panic attacks, it can be scary, what adele has said is what i do, the more you get uptight the more you will panic, hope you are feeling better soon. :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:48 pm

HI Carol
Sorry to hear about your panic attack, hope you are feeling better now. :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Adele » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:50 pm

my turn! i was just on the bus and the driver had a shouting match with a passenger. i was in my wheelchair and was blocked in by them, they were really close to me and yelling and screaming. the driver tried to drag me into the arguement. he then drove like a lunatic, speeding, throwing the bus round corners and slamming the brakes on. i have hurt my back and neck from being thrown around and think i have whiplash. he spoke to me when i got off and tried to justify himself.

i am in so much pain and still crying. i have had alot of violence in my ife and i felt trapped and scared. i find alot of men scary but it is a whole lot worse stuck in a wheelchair. it makes me feel vunerable.

not smiling tonight, adele
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby tonydin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:58 pm

hi how many people feel panick attacks are part of fibro ?? i started to have them after my brother died with no explanation for it when i was 17 that was 41 years ago , kept feeling i was about to drop dead and was convinced i had something wrong as well ., then the back pain started ??
that fealing of panick is just awfull.
oh well return visit to rummy on fri to confirm fibro ( or they found something else in bloods which i dought from history)
so if all connected hasent toke them long for dx has it
take care all
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby cherryblossom » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:43 pm

Adele, you poor thing! :( Have one of these first :hugs: ! I can't believe that driver did what he did! :yikes: You must have felt terrified! I would seriously complain in writing (keep a copy) to the bus company stating what happened and how you felt. There really is NO excuse for that sort of behaviour. I think we can only imagine how you feel, that would have been me terrified for life! You could have done without extra aches and pains. Just wanted you to know I feel for you and am thinking of you and you will be in my prayers. Take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :blowkiss: Cherry x
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby carolnotts » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:18 pm

Bless Adele i hope you are ok now what a terrible situation to be in. I agree that you should report the driver as he should never have gone back behind the wheel of the bus whilst angry nor should he have tried to involve yourself in an arguement that had nothing to do with you ((hugs))

Tony i hope you got some answers at the rheummy today

xx
carolnotts
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems