Gallstones?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Gallstones?

Postby Quackers » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:20 pm

Sorry I have not been on for a while.
Not been and too great.
Just a thought though. I have recently had it confirmed that I have gall stones. I only know two other people, personally, with Fibro and one has had gall stone operation this year, the other is awaiting a scan for gall stones.
Now 3 out of 3 people with Fibro having gall stones as well seems very high odds or one BIG coincidence.
Has anyone else on here had gall stone trouble?
I have had really bad stomach problems for a while now and put it down to Fibro or the meds until I had a very severe bout of stomach pain and ended up in A&E. The doctor there suspected gall stones as did my GP when I saw him.
A recent scan has confirmed it and I am just about to make an appointment to see what the next step. Probabaly an op :shock:
Just a thought folks
By the way
happy-new-year-2011-2 :blowkiss:
To all
Quackers
UKFM Member

Re: Gallstones?

Postby denys » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:27 pm

Hi Quackers glad to see you back and sorry you havent been too well :fingerscrossed: your appointment goes well and they sort out your problems. My daughter had her gall bladder out and I have heard of others with fibro having the problem so maybe it is related in some way :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby dimfunsize » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:43 pm

Hi, yes I have had gall stones and taken out. Sorry I cant give you any more information at the moment not very good.
dimfunsize
UKFM Member

Postby Quackers » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:56 pm

Hi Denys
Lovely to see you still on here :D
You are such a tonic to everyone :blowkiss:
I just feel that there are so many things that seem to be related to this darned condition that there may be many that are being missed
The reason that I didn't go to my doctor about the stomach problems was that I put it down to Fibro/meds
I even missed the majority of my dearest daughter's wedding because of stomach pains :cry:
Main thing was I saw them getting married, managed to smile for the photos, heard the speeches (by this point everything was surreal) ate my my meal and quickly pushed the sweet down my throat in case my face ended up in it (made sense to me at the time) Then turned to hubby and said I need to go to our room,
I awoke at 3 o'clock (typical Scottish wedding) in the morning with my hubby coming to bed. He had been in many times to check on me.
Still at last I was there and saw her getting married that was the main thing :) I was such a proud Mum :D
Quackers
UKFM Member

Postby Quackers » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:02 pm

dimfunsize wrote:Hi, yes I have had gall stones and taken out. Sorry I cant give you any more information at the moment not very good.

If anyone understands not being 'very good' it is everyone on here.
Never apologise for that it. That is Fibro in an nutshell
Although I do write long posts it takes me forever to type them.
I have researched all about what happens with gall stones was just wondering if it is yet another thing that people with Fibro have a tendency to suffer with
Gentle :hugs: to you
Quackers
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:06 pm

So glad you made it and saw her married, this condition takes so much out of you without the extra ones jumping in. :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:

Dimfunsize hope you feel better soon :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Quackers » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:29 pm

The one thing that has helped me with Fibro has been this Forum.
I may not have been on for a while but the things I have read on here have explained so much to me
I have always had a 'glass is half full' kind of person and I have found that this Forum and my general attitude to life has helped me more than anything.
I got to see my daughter married meant so much more to me than watching the dancing.
At my son's wedding I enjoyed listening to the fiddle music rather and having a laugh at the others trying to keep up than crying over the fact that I was not up on the floor.
I HATE the fact that doctors will not accept the fact that I do not have depression :evil:
My GPs notes still have me as clinically depressed even though a Psychologist has described me as being as far from depressed as anyone could possibly be!
My heart goes out to those who do have depression :blowkiss: .
Been there and came out the other side with a coping mechanism in place that has seen me through so much.
Why can't doctors accept that depression is NOT the reason for Fibro but something that happens because of Fibro and mainly because of many of the medical professions' attitude to Fibro :twisted:
Quackers
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:35 pm

I totally agree with you Sadie and just wish that people would take us seriously and really listen to us instead of just paying lip service and then ignoring everything completely never mind this may be the year when something clicks in the medical profession and things improve for us :fingerscrossed: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Quackers » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:59 pm

I have been amazed the difference in attitude I have found in about the lasat 6 months to Fibro. Even the Paramedic who came to the house when I had my severe gall stone attack knew about Fibro and took that into considreation.
Same in A&E.
The GP who came to see me on the Monday following that was brilliant with me and that was one of the GPs who totally did not believe that Fibro existed!!!
He even went as far as to say it would be worse for me because of my Fibro :o :o :o
The Physio I saw at hospital was excited to have a Fibro patient as it is 'so rare'
I was totally flabbergasted and lost for words, not like me at all :D
As you say :fingerscrossed: that things are attitudes are finally turning at long last :clap: :clap:
Quackers
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:31 pm

yyyyyaaaaaayyyyyyyyy
:welcome: back quackers :wave: :wave:
sorry you have gallstones though :hugs:

very very painful, my daughter had this started when she was 6 months gone with
our granddaughter, 4 times in all she was rushed in thinking she was in labour
but they couldn't see the gallbladder because of the baby.
anyway 12 months after granddaughter was born she had the op
keyhole so no big wound.
hope they sort it quick for you :hugs: :blowkiss:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby fabme » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:17 am

I've not had gallstones my slef, but a friend of mine with fibro and chostochondritis has had it and last November had the op to remove them done by key hole surgery. She was amazed at how well it went and how good she felt also the fibro wasn't too bad either :D

fab
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby coral » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:19 am

All my symptoms started in December 2008. Terrible stomach problems, belching, bloating etc and pain in right shoulder. In Feb 2009 had camera down which revealed hiatus hernia, 4 days later had altrasound which showed a very large gall stone. Consultant said it was best to remove the gall bladder. Had pain on and off for he next few months and GP did prescribe painkillers. Had keyhole surgery beginning of July 2009 and was sent home the same day. Obviously i was in pain for a few days after the operation but a month later all the same pains came back again. GP said it was early days and gave me stronger pain killers.

I had planned on going to Morocco with my husband to visit his family in the November but all my symptoms got much worse. Ended up with pelvic pain, right rib pain radiating to upper back, really bad stomach problems. Everything seemed to be on the right hand side of me. I ended up not being able to go to Morocco (GP advised me not to). Had blood tests, chest x-rays, lower back xray (did reveal athritis of bottom of spine), had ultrasound which showed up nothing neither did the blood tests. Had an MRI scan March 2010 which showed up prolapsed discs which I've had before. It has been continuous and 2 GPs have both agreed Fibro. Been on 50mg of Ami's for months now, zapain pain killers and just been put on Gabapentin.

I am in constant pain almost every day and I wonder if the pain is more on my right side because that's where I had the keyhole surgery and thats where the most pain is. They say after having your gall bladder removed you are able to eat what you like. That's so not true belive me.
coral
UKFM Member

Postby Emerald » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:42 pm

I had my Gall Bladder removed via keyhole approx 3 yrs ago before I was diagnosed with FM then CFS too. I had had episodes back in 2001 but the sonographer then was harsh and causing me more pain so missed it as i told her I couldnt take her hurting me anymore. After my daughter was born in 04 the pain was back with avengance and I was regulary in and out A&E one night blacking out with the pain and not remembering how I got there then they gave me pethadine which I had a bad reaction to and I flatlined, not nice coming round to a fist in your chest and the room bumping up and down like youve been on a roundabout too fast and long for hrs.

Eventually I saw another sonographer for a scan at my surgery and he was gentle, low and behold big gall stone its about the size of a quail egg, still got it somewhere in a tub. My surgeon put the fear of death in me due to my weight saying id a higher risk of complications and death and they might not manage keyhole with me but all was fine and I was out in 2 days and not looked back since. FM causes phantom pains at the scar site but thats what FM does.

It was brilliant after the surgery, I could eat again without my gall griping over every morcel. Hope all goes well but your better off without.
Emerald
UKFM Member

Postby sunnyshine » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:46 pm

HI, i had my gall bladder removed last july after years of pain, they eventually found stones, I also got fibro.

Sharon xx
sunnyshine
UKFM Newbie

Postby loopyloo » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:05 pm

hi, i had my gall bladder removed 6yrs ago, i had 3 stones and a lot of acid reflux problems as well,
loopyloo
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems