paralysing sleep

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: paralysing sleep

Postby budda » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:59 am

Never had anything like that happen to me before :fingerscrossed: , it sounds very scary.
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby Adele » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:56 am

hi all.

i have had sleep paralysis for several years including the hallucinations. i scared docs and nurses when this has happened to me in hospital. they tried calling my name and then tried shaking me awake. all i could do was look at them and lie there. i could hear everything but couldn't move. they thought i was heavily sedated.

it's only really been a problem when i've feel like i'm choking.

adele xx :blowkiss:
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby Adele » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:04 am

for sjc....

i have a history of non epileptic seizures, usually as a result of rare side-effects of drugs. your day time experiences of being awake, but paralysed with your limbs jerking could possibly be a sign of something non-fibro that needs investigating. when i come round from a seizure people believe i am unconcious as i cannot respond to anything not even pain. i hear everything though.

:hugs: to all xx
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby Nellyphant » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:22 am

I get it too, but have never mentioned it to my GP, dunno why!
Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Postby suzyanne3 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:47 pm

Hello , I also have this. The day I was diagnosed at the hospital, I had experienced this on waking that morning , I told the consultant, and all he said was if it happens again see the gp.I am still trying to get my head round all of this, so many things now I am putting down to fibromyalgia but dont know, I am so confused , and I also dont really understand how to use the forum ,there are loads of questions I would love to ask , but dont really know where to start. regards suzy
suzyanne3
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:46 pm

Suzy, just ask, if you put it in the wrong place, us moderators will move it and you will soon get the hang of things. Whatever you do dont put all symptoms down to Fm if you get new symptoms please go to your GP and get things checked out. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby suzyanne3 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:17 am

thank you denys, I have posted something else I think its in the right place.Thank you suzy
suzyanne3
UKFM Newbie

Postby mellabella » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:31 pm

I've had this sleep paralysis since a teen. It used to be very frightening but now i am able to control the fear. i've found that if you fight it, it gets worse but if you relax into it, it passes quicker. For me it begins with a strange whoooshing white noise in my ear. if at that point i can not wake / move then i know i am going to become paralysed and so its best to 'go with the flow'. One of the triggers for me is falling asleep in the afternoon if I am extremely over tired.

I have also had the hallucinations and the " hag " experience..( which was scarily interesting to say the least :yikes: ) If your interested in knowing more about it google 'hypnogognia', ' hypnogogic jerking' 'hypnopompic state' and 'The Hag'.

mell
mellabella
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems