Sticky blood?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Sticky blood?

Postby Quackers » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:02 am

I have read on here a while back about people with sticky blood but cannot remember what it was about.
When giving birth to my first 2 children I had to have my afterbirth removed under anaeshtetic. In the following 2 births I had problems but not as bad.

After ny 2nd son the sister in charge advised me not to have any more children because of this as she said I had sticky blood and had seen other women have big problems in later life. I asked my GP about this and he told me that it was an old wife's tale. Hence the reason I went on to have my 2 daughters.

The one and only time I went to donate blood they could only get half the amount from me. The nurse showed me the blood I had given and said that my blood was very sticky, it sure looked it, and that I would not make a good donor.
I have always had lots of problems when a blood sample is needed and there have been a lot of comments made about it being sticky.
Has this anything at all to do with Fibro?
Quackers
UKFM Member

Re: Sticky blood?

Postby denys » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:15 am

This isnt something I've heard of before Sadie, but wouldnt surprise me as the list of commonalities seems to be growing by the day :hugs: :hugs: :flowers: :blowkiss:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Re: Sticky blood?

Postby shazq » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:40 pm

Hi
I did a google search for you, here the link:- http://ebulfin.myby.co.uk/apls.tk/html/ ... blood.html
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems