HAS ANYONE ELSE GOT ALCOHOL INTOLERANCE DUE TO FM?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

HAS ANYONE ELSE GOT ALCOHOL INTOLERANCE DUE TO FM?

Postby monstermit » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:48 pm

I always used to be a lightweight :crazy: lol but ever since my fm has got worse i just cannot drink at all...violently sick even up to 48 hours later if i drink spirits or wine, beer i fall asleep and get dreadful 2 day hangovers. its just awful i just dont bother anymore because my body cant take it.

i physically cant get out of bed if i drink the hangovers are from hell.

i wonder why i cannot drink alcohol anymore?? :shock:

when i was younger i did used to have a few wild nights out here and there i dont know know how i ever did it :dunno: but havent been dancing in years cos havent got the confidence to do it without a drink :(

does anyone else have this problem?
x
monstermit
UKFM Member

Re: HAS ANYONE ELSE GOT ALCOHOL INTOLERANCE DUE TO FM?

Postby wee rascal » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:56 pm

Like you, I've always been a lightweight when it comes to alcohol. Probably a good thing as I used to own a bar :lol: but now I can't tolerate it either. Not long ago I was at the local Farmer's Market and the local fruit winery were giving out little tasters of their wines.

I tasted 2...little mouthwash size cups...and had to go home to lie down :crazy: I know that the fruit wines are pretty potent as wines go but such a small amount shouldn't have done that to me. I think avoidance is the only option for me now :)
"Caidlidh duine air gach cneadh ach a chneadh fhèin"

http://cairineruadh.blogspot.com/
wee rascal
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:37 pm

Hi
I cant drink anymore either, just makes me sick so i dont bother trying it anymore, most of the meds i am on say you are to avoid alcohol. i stick to the virtual ones now :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:29 pm

Yep me too cant touch the stuff anymore so will be with Shaz in the virtual bar :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:41 pm

Pre-FM I was able to drink my OH under the table very easily. When I went out, knocking back neat triple Jack Daniels was easy, hangovers only happened if I mixed the drinks up instead of sticking to the same thing all night. These days, I'm a real lightweight :x I can't manage a small glass of wine, I have to have lemonade or soda/sparkling water in it as a spritzer, and even then it takes me an age to get down it. Don't know if it's due to meds, FM or age, but I'll be with shaz and denys in the virtual bar hitting the :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby fabme » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:17 am

Well in my younger days i'd think nothing of going out and having a fair few drinks or 2 n could drink OH under table, without much of a hangover although I did have a very good anti hangover cure guarenteed to work if you remembere'd to do so before bed, given to me by a pharmacist friend :D

I still like a galss of wine or can of larger at home, still well within the limits though and deffinatly no where near what some of the other school gate mums consume in a week, and the only problem I seem to be having is going into a hot sweat when I start to drink it, nothing like what's been mentioned previously.

I was reliably informed by my the pharmasist where I use to work, that the reason no alcohol is put onto meds labels is for 2 reasons, 1 because it can reduce the effect of the med or react with it resulting in side effects and or 2nd it can increase the effects of the meds this was especially true of painkillers.

So to you are here's some :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: that won't make you ill :D

fab
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby carolnotts » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:09 pm

Alcohol doesn't bother me but i don't drink because of the meds i am on the also say to avoid it :wine: :wine:
carolnotts
UKFM Member

Postby Starfish » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:50 pm

I drank alot when i was younger but know i can't drink, it makes me sick, even the smell of it makes me heave and with the meds im on i can't drink anyway
Starfish
UKFM Member

Postby monstermit » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:13 pm

but im not on any other meds yet except ibuprofen , it really affects on its own .i feel as if im hungover most of the time anyway but when i have alcohol i am sick and fall asleep! i cant believe the difference to a few years ago i seem to have got worse in so many ways :( i cant go out and have a normal night out anymore.
monstermit
UKFM Member

Postby Nellyphant » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:04 pm

I'm not on strong painkillers yet as I still haven't had my official dx, but I have found that co-codomol makes me physically sick when I've had a drink. Violently sick in fact, for 3 hours. It was awful.

Hasn't stopped me drinking yet, but I don't go out very often and now I just have a couple and don't take any co-codomol before I go to bed. I now that my days are limited with alcohol, so I'm getting in a few things first! LOL!
Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Postby tentimes » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:19 am

I don't know whether it was the FM or the medication, but I have had to totally give up drink, which I used to enjoy. If I drink I feel sick now, and it makes me really sleepy, totally exhausted the next day. I've tried a few times, but I'm not getting any better at it!

A shame really, as I rather enjoyed a drink ;)
tentimes
UKFM Member

Postby tentimes » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:24 am

monstermit wrote:i cant go out and have a normal night out anymore.

I really know how that feels :(
tentimes
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:00 am

I dont drink, try everything :crazy: nothing out there for me that i like,daft enough without it. :tongueout:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby carolina » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:57 pm

hi i cant drink anymore feel rubbish the next day and sick even after couple i used to enjoy a drink but not anymore. :D
carolina
UKFM Member

Postby Ange » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:11 pm

Just 2 glasses of wine will send me simple in the head.... :crazy:

Most I have now is one glass with a Christmas dinner....

Ang x
Never drive faster than your Angels can fly.
Ange
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems