whats the difference...

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

whats the difference...

Postby stephanini » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:38 pm

...between CFS and Fibromyalgia?
stephanini
UKFM Member

Re: whats the difference...

Postby cherryblossom » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:01 am

...yes, I'd like to know too. I'm sure it has been asked before on here and answered but can someone refresh our memories :crazy: ?
Love to all Cherry :hugs:
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:37 am

Hi it has been discussed a few times and there is no definitive answer, but some say that CFS is crushing tiredness and some pain whereas FM is crushing pain and some fatigue :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: I was told by my GP that they are part of the same syndrome just opposite ends again :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:23 am

Never heared that one, thanks for that denys :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby stephanini » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:35 am

thanks for your replies...

i tried googleing it but didnt get very far...i dont know if it was the fibrofog or its just too complicated for anyone to understand

it just made me think that now that CFS is criteriia for flu jab, if that would cover us that are diagnosed with fibro

i have the flu jab anyway for several other reasons, so doesnt ,atter to me, but i thought it ay coe in handy for someone else :D
stephanini
UKFM Member

Postby fabme » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:42 am

I have both fibro n CFS and not really sure why, but I think with fibro it's overwhelming pain n fCFS is overwhelming fatigue :dunno: :dunno:

Fab
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:23 pm

Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby m2kl » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:53 pm

It is thought i have both, am awaiting diagnosis for both.

From my understanding, research into both and the way i feel the only way i can describe it is this. With the CFS i get the severe fatigue(to the point of not having energy to lift fork for dinner at times) but also get flu like symptoms along with it including blocked nose, facial pain and sore throat. With the Fibro i get the widespread pain and the sensetivity to things that shouldnt hurt. The CFS pain is different from Fibro pain in that Fibro makes all my muscles and tendons hurt and with CFS my bones and joints seem to hurt. Obviously they do cross over but this is the only ways i have found to seperate the 2.
m2kl
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems